New guy showing off | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New guy showing off

It's all about gearing. I have an 01 with the 4.0 V6 and I run 35x12.50x17 with steel trail wheels. It does fine driving around and she'll get up and go if you mash on it which I very rarely do. When I had 4.10s it was a little sluggish but with 4.88s it's actually a little lower than stock gearing which I like.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone have any roof rack suggestions? Lets hear your opinions! Make the truck look tougher or keep with the clean look? Haven't come across that 'one' yet. Maybe I'll try making one this summer.

IMAG0473_1_zps9a8e9600.jpg

IMAG0475_1_zpsd269b4df.jpg

I'm not sure any racks would fit well with the truck. I'd keep Thule in mind though if you are looking.

I'm not sure any racks would fit well with the truck. I'd keep Thule in mind though if you are looking.

Agreed. If any rack will look right on it, though, a low profile Thule would likely look best. It's hard to picture making this clean truck look any better.

Dang GT-500Ranger, are you ready to sell this to me yet?

Sport trac

That definitely is a great looking ST. I thought about putting the truxxx kit on mine as well but was not sure how long the CV joints would last with the angle that they would be at with the lift.

Have you had any issues?

I decided to take the plunge and buy the traxda leveling kit for my truck. Running 265/75/R16's.

lifted.gif

I decided to take the plunge and buy the traxda leveling kit for my truck. Running 265/75/R16's.

lifted.gif

is that the undercover classic bed cover?
and anymore pictures of your Ford? :thumbsup:

can you post more pictures of your sport trac! :)
it looks really nice

Nice ST ctafoya60.

If you do decide to post more photos, please use the 'Post your ST pics' thread or start a new thread.
It's just easier for organization and that way ppl looking for photos of GT500's ST won't get confused, etc.

Thanks.

can you post more pictures of your sport trac!
it looks really nice

I will definitely post more pics. I'll post it in the post your st pics thread if you want to check them out.

Back