• Register Today It's free!

new guy with mountaineer

jibberlo

Reaction score
City, State
uniontown,pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 mountaineer
hi everyone, im new here and not sure if im in the right forum for a mercury mountaineer. i just bought my sister a 1997 mercury mountaineer today i was surprised to see a 5.0L under the hood of it. the truck has just under 184,000 miles. im not a ford guy but she liked it, i'm a member over on LS1TECH.com i have a 1998 camaro z28 5.7L v8 LS1 that i have slowly been turning into a weekend bracket race car. if this is the right forum for a mercury then i will get some pics of it up on here in a day or so.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome , an yes ur in the right place an yes a lot of people are surprised with the 5.0

i seen the jbl sticker in the hatch area is there a sub in their of just a 6x8 speaker? i had the radio on in it and there is no bass in the audio at all so more then likely their blown.

welcome

Welcome to the forum. Your in the right place. Would love to see some pics of the camaro :)

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

577942525_l.jpg

Picture376.jpg

Picture373.jpg

my ezgo golf cart matches my camaro.
picture.jpg

i just had the motor redone in it and got it back last night, first time i drove the car since nov 08. it now has a 383 stroker crank, forged pistons and rods, fm-14 232-234 lsa 114 cam for the 150 shot of nitrous i'm going to spray this season,ls6 fast intake with 92mm thortle body, 42lb injectors, 3600 yank stall converter, 4.11 gears, sub frame connetors, right now the cowl is off and the stock hood is on because the cowl is being painted. there's only a coulpe things left to do like get a good set of ttea heads for her and have the roll cage put in and maybe tubb her for some bigger slicks.

Back