New Guy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Guy

cb961

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Wanted to drop in and say hi. I picked up a 97 XLT 4x4 last year and have been using it as a commuter when the weather is too bad for the motorcycle. One thing I'm curious about are driving/auxiliary lights. My commute is 30 miles each way and most of it is back country roads. While the scenery is nice, at night there is absolutely no street lighting and it is much worse when it is raining. As most of you know, the stock headlights are awful and the high beams aren't much better. So, for this winter I am going to upgrade to some form of a light kit. Here are my thoughts so far:

40" LED Light Bar mounted to roof with custom rack- ~$1200
20" LED Light Bar mounted to Westin Light Bar~ $800
2 8" KC 130 watt off road lights mounted to Westin Light Bar~ $700

These prices include professional installation. I'm not really sure which I'm going to do and was wondering what some members thought or have done to their own vehicle. Any and all responses are welcome . Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's good to see another biker here. I've got a 2003 Electraglide. I bought my Ex (as a project) for rainy days here in Florida.
Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks Anduiril. I've got a Ducati Multistrada 1200 and a 1986 Suzuki GSXR750 project I'm working on. Really liking the forum so far.

Nice bikes. I miss my Katana (mid 90's before the GSX-R came back out). If you decide to start a thread in the "Other vehicles" section about your project. I would like to check it out.

Back