New Headlight Bulbs Installed (pics included). | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Headlight Bulbs Installed (pics included).

Installed my new headlight bulbs today. I bought them from Advance Auto Parts. All together, with tax, the total came to $48. I expected them to be a bit brighter and have a blue tint to them. They are very bright. Brighter than the Sylvania's I pulled out but I really do not see the blue tint. However my headlight assembly is OEM and I plan on replacing it relatively soon. That should make them even more bright.

DSCF1212.jpg

Bulb Box

DSCF1207.jpg

Lights on w/o Fogs

DSCF1211.jpg

Lights on w/ Fogs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For another 20 bucks you coulda ordered a cheapo HID kit...

For another 20 bucks you coulda ordered a cheapo HID kit...

...and gotten exactly what he paid for, a cheap kit that would piss off every other car on the road:rolleyes:

If your aim your headlights correctly you won't ever get flashed...people need to understand that. Most kits that cost you 75 bucks honestly arent gonna be much worse then something that costs you 130. Most kits are made in the same general area (China) and all would be made to the same specs.

Bottom line, aim your headlights correct and you wont piss everyone else off on the road smart guy.

Hey if you aimed yours right, congrats! You've got one up on the multitude of fools I high beam every day cuz they think it's cool to blind everyone else coming towards them...

i've had the cheaply hid's in for about 5 months and nothing has gone wrong, plus if you spend $400 on a really good pair and they only guarantee them for 2 years but the $72 ebay ones are guaranteed for 1 year, which is they better deal? u really think their 4x better??? i'm guessing only 2x as good, plus it their going to go out its just a matter of time. i've heard the beya kind going well over 2 years.

sorry to hijack the thread, nice thread though

Even though you didn't go the HID route, I'm glad you chose Hella bulbs. I swear by Hella and have a plethora of their products on my truck myself. :thumbsup:

Only problem with bulbs that run brighter are they wont last as long...problably will have to replace them in a year.

Only problem with bulbs that run brighter are they wont last as long...problably will have to replace them in a year.

Actually, the guy at Advance told me that on average, he finds the Hella's last longer. A lot of it, I am sure, is personal experience and luck. Like cars, some say certain brands are cheap and do not last and others say have had nothing but fantastic luck with certain makers.

Quick story:

My parents have always bought Ford cars. At first because my grandpa worked at Ford and got the entire family a big discount. However, even though we no longer get it, we still buy Fords because they have always lasted so long. The biggest project on my Dad's 98 ZX2 was the replacement of the alternator. Car has 115,000 on it and only the alternator. However, my friend's dad has had nothing but terrible luck with Ford. He will only buy Japanese cars :thumbdwn:

Its mostly personal luck and experiences with certain makers. This is unless you are buying really cheep or they have a very bad record, with people.

Back