New here and a quick question about the passenger air bag light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New here and a quick question about the passenger air bag light

royski

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 XLT
This is my first explorer, but my 5th Ford product.

I noticed that the passenger airbag off light on the dash will remain on even though there is nothing/nobody on the passenger seat. I know on my 2005 and 2008 mustangs that the light will only stay lit if there was a light weight on it, but would stay off if no one or nothing was on the seat. Is this normal for the explorer, or should the passenger airbag light go off after startup?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is my first explorer, but my 5th Ford product.

I noticed that the passenger airbag off light on the dash will remain on even though there is nothing/nobody on the passenger seat. I know on my 2005 and 2008 mustangs that the light will only stay lit if there was a light weight on it, but would stay off if no one or nothing was on the seat. Is this normal for the explorer, or should the passenger airbag light go off after startup?

Thanks!

Hello royski,

Just got home and the passenger airbag light on the dash below the MFT screen was off.

Bobby:salute:

Just to clarify, was "off" lit up, or nothing lit up at all?

I guess when I go back to the dealer next week i'll ask about that.

My airbag off light stays on when no one is in the passenger seat then switches to on when occupided. Stays on all the time since i bought the X so i would say it is normal.

My airbag off light stays on when no one is in the passenger seat then switches to on when occupided. Stays on all the time since i bought the X so i would say it is normal.

OK, glad to hear that. Just odd since both my mustangs would have the "airbag off" light go off after a minute of driving.

Thanks!

Yep, my off light is on all the time as well (when no one is in the seat that is). :cool:

Back