New Here with Sync Update Issues MFT Nav | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Here with Sync Update Issues MFT Nav

1sfgfan55

Reaction score
City, State
San.Francisco CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer
New here. We own a 2010 Edge & 2014 Explorer. I've never had any issues with Sync updates until this brand new one on Ford Owner site for Explorer MFT with VA Nav I'm so frustrated I'm ready to take it to local dealer & say please fix it or replace it (the Sync). Other this new issue we couldn't be happier with our cars. I contacted a Sync rep today & he said it should download without any problem, but still won't download to Explorer :-(

Also is new Sync available for my system for 2014 Explorer with MFTb&'VA Nav?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They give full directions with the update, main things are the format of the USB drive and to follow all the steps exactly.

Make sure the USB storage drive:
is empty
can hold at least 2 GB of data
is not password protected
is formatted FAT32

Can you explain the process you are doing to try to upgrade it. The SYNCMYRIDE.COM website does give step by step instructions as LukerDooker has mentioned but without knowing what step(s) are in question or being missed we really can't assist more.

New here. We own a 2010 Edge & 2014 Explorer. I've never had any issues with Sync updates until this brand new one on Ford Owner site for Explorer MFT with VA Nav I'm so frustrated I'm ready to take it to local dealer & say please fix it or replace it (the Sync). Other this new issue we couldn't be happier with our cars. I contacted a Sync rep today & he said it should download without any problem, but still won't download to Explorer :-(

Also is new Sync available for my system for 2014 Explorer with MFTb&'VA Nav?
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
I'm not aware of any new MFT updates. No one else has mentioned them either. The latest version for your Explorer is 3.7.

Version 3.6.2 will show CCPU S/W Version: 4.30.13171_PRODUCT in the software profile.
Version 3.7 will show as CCPU S/W Version: 4.32.14122_PRODUCT

It would also be very helpful if you added the model of your Explorer to your profile so it is always visible in the margin. Not all models have the same features.

Peter

Yes I did that & I'm very familiar with the process, how to use a USB, etc. The update is got the 2014 Explorer XLT. The software that shows up in settings on Explorer is definitely out of date & since I'm registered with sync ride.com & on Ford Owner site, they sent me the update to download. It downloaded fine. I spent way too many hours on it & it still won't upload to Explorer. Fortunately my local Ford dealer is awesome & im taking it in the morning. Dealer also told me I wasn't only one with this problem & I've found this to be true on other sites as well, unfortunately.

What does the system do when you insert the USB into it?

Also can you tell us what software version MFT itself shows?

Yes I did that & I'm very familiar with the process, how to use a USB, etc. The update is got the 2014 Explorer XLT. The software that shows up in settings on Explorer is definitely out of date & since I'm registered with sync ride.com & on Ford Owner site, they sent me the update to download. It downloaded fine. I spent way too many hours on it & it still won't upload to Explorer. Fortunately my local Ford dealer is awesome & im taking it in the morning. Dealer also told me I wasn't only one with this problem & I've found this to be true on other sites as well, unfortunately.

Hi 1sfgfan55,

If you'd like to skip the dealer visit for now and try to get the 3.7 update installed on your Explorer, shoot me your VIN in a private message. I'll see what I can do to help. :)

Rebecca

Back