New HIDs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New HIDs

I don't think i've posted pics of my new HIDs.
Got 8000k for both headlights and fogs.
I had 8000k in the headlights before but didn't want to have 2 different shades of HIDs..so just got 2 new sets
Let me know what you think:thumbsup:
navidad010-1.jpg

some pics with my friends celica that i also got HIDs for
P1040234.jpg

P1040226.jpg

P1040224.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look nice. I'm hoping that mine look as good, though I went with a 4300K kit. I can't wait to get these things in.

Dan

Look at the difference between the Sodium vapor HIDs in the street lights and the Xenon HIDs in the tuck

Looks Good

looks great man... ur explorer is probably one of the cleanest ones on this site... that is the icing on the cake

That looks really good! Very nice touch doing the fogs as well.

techieman33- Philips. I doubt they really are Philips but it saids Philips on the ballast and bulbs

hunterdan- cool! hope you enjoy them..I'm not really a big fan of anything lower than 6000k but..hey i'm just a kid lol ..i'm jking
Make sure to take some pics!! i really want to see how they look

aldive- thanks!

carlover- sweet!..makes driving at night soo much better right! i love them..i've had HIDs before but never in both low and fogs, and let me tell you something. The fog lights makes a world of difference. If you don't have them in the fogs, you should consider it.trust me

MustangP51- i know..its amazing how much cleaner and whiter the automotive HIDs are. Thanks

bigapple- You really don't understand how much i really do appreciate that. Its really an honor for someone to say that to me about my truck. I think there are some really nice looking explorers here, so for you to say that to mine...i just really appreciate it alot man..you made my day (well whats left of it lol) Too bad your soo far away, i think it would be pretty cool to meet up. I've told you before that i really like your truck also...not just saying it. I'm not too crazy about lifted SUVs but your explorer is one i wouldn't mind driving and calling it my own.

Bill Kemp- Thanks! and Thanks! My original plan was to get some 3500K hids for the fogs (yellow) b/c i drive alot in the early morning when its still foggy out, but figured it wouldn't look nice.

where did you mount the ballasts for the fogs? i briefly looked around under my bumper and didnt really see a good spot for them. also if you have any pics that would be great. thanks.

So where did you get those lights at? I defintely got to go get some myself. =]

Also, where did you get that grille?

your truck looks awesome, i have always liked the look of the billet grilles...and it looks sweet on the 3rd gens

where did you mount the ballasts for the fogs? i briefly looked around under my bumper and didnt really see a good spot for them. also if you have any pics that would be great. thanks.
They are placed on the chassis itself..i'll take some pictures tomorrow. I 3m taped them and used a zip tie to hold them in place. Its the best spot i could find and almost out of reach of deep puddles

So where did you get those lights at? I defintely got to go get some myself. =]

Also, where did you get that grille?
The place i bought them is my wholesaler ( i own a shop )..let me see if they have a website where a customer can purshase things from them.
The grill was bought from my wholesaler also. Its a Lund billet grill...really nice piece. I was amazed on how well its built. I'll take pictures, it looks like a OEM part

flyinguitars500- Thanks alot! Means alot to me...i appreciate it. You should get a billet grill for yours, would make the front look awhole lot better

Those lights look awesome! I love the bluish tint of the light. And bigapple is right about how clean your explorer looks. In the 2nd picture down on your cardomain page, the paint looks like candy! Very nice.

flyinguitars500- Thanks alot! Means alot to me...i appreciate it. You should get a billet grill for yours, would make the front look awhole lot better

i have been thinking about it

Those lights look awesome! I love the bluish tint of the light. And bigapple is right about how clean your explorer looks. In the 2nd picture down on your cardomain page, the paint looks like candy! Very nice.
Thanks alot man..i've said it b4 i'll say it again..i really do appreciate it:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yes! i love that pic..its my wall paper on my computer:D

Wow those things look great
Thanks bro!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i got my billet grill on ebay for like $100. i think its the best addition i have made to my ex.
looks nice!! i plan on getting the lower one also but i can't pay $120 right now ( i want the same brand Lund so it matches)

thats sweet, im gonna look into it now.
YES!!! we made him look for one! :D Better snap some pictures when you get it..haha

Back