New Incentives | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Incentives

saders

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
I will be buying my new 2013 Explorer Limited 4wd in the next couple of days, I have the 1000$ and 750$ rebates already locked in, as well as the x- plan. I just saw a new incentive added today, "Ford Credit 2Yr./30,000 Mile Limited Maintenance Plan" $240. Is anyone able to clarify what this is? Does it mean you get that plan if you pay the 240$, or do you get it for free and its worth 240? I'm trying to make sure I do not miss any freebie incentives, I think I got an ok deal, but I know it could always be better :) Any help would be appreciated!

Sadie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I purchased my Ex better your deal by $200. Its alot of work. x-plan - 1k incentive - $750 private cash is a really good deal. with min effort

When they couldn't locate the exact options I wanted, they added an additional 500$ on my trade in to make up for the tow package I told them I did not need. So I am happy with the deal overall. I pick her up at 9am Friday :) Can't wait!

MSRP is 45,790, walking out the door with her at 41,038 + 75 doc fee + 23$ registration fee + taxes, not too shabby.

So I went to the Ford site and ordered a brochure. This had the effect of a couple of calls, and a few e-mails from the local dealer to make sure I was being taken care of but no confirmation that the brochure with the golden Wonka ticket is in the mail.

That is how you guys got the $750 coupon right? I guess if you want to attract the vultures... lay down in the middle of the road. Just poking fun. I think the local dealership was just trying to help.

I went on the website and signed up for the brochure. Heard it could take forever to get, if at all. Mentioned the 750 rebate to my salesperson, he had no clue what I was talking about. I told him to look it up in their system and they should see I qualify. He had his manager look it up, and low and behold, I qualified. So sign up for it, and tell your dealer to look it up. Don't let them tell you that you don't qualify. Good luck!

Thanks for the info Saders. I still have to wait 'til mine gets built so waiting on the coupon (or not) will be my tactic for now.

When I ordered I went in and told the dealership that there was the exact model I wanted 90mi away but the other dealership said that the vehicle was already accounted for. Amazingly, it's still showing in their inventory 16 days later.

No worries the wait will make the new car smell just that much sweeter. Besides I haven't sat down and broken the news to my '95 explorer yet.

It'll take about two weeks to get your coupon. if this is your second attempt. You'll need to use a different name. I also got one from email too.

So I went to the Ford site and ordered a brochure. This had the effect of a couple of calls, and a few e-mails from the local dealer to make sure I was being taken care of but no confirmation that the brochure with the golden Wonka ticket is in the mail.

That is how you guys got the $750 coupon right? I guess if you want to attract the vultures... lay down in the middle of the road. Just poking fun. I think the local dealership was just trying to help.

Good deal. I sold my last car by myself.

MSRP is 45,790, walking out the door with her at 41,038 + 75 doc fee + 23$ registration fee + taxes, not too shabby.

Bummer they couldn't work with you Since95. Perhaps the deal fell through in the end. Just realized I qualified for another $500 bonus cash because my husband is still considered a student. Even though I no longer think of him that way, he just finished up his Phd two weeks ago. Always look for the hidden incentives :) They add up to make al the difference in the bottom line!

...So I am happy with the deal overall. I pick her up at 9am Friday :) Can't wait!
Welcome to the forum, saders! It’s great your deal worked out; you must be really excited to get the new set of wheels!

...No worries the wait will make the new car smell just that much sweeter. Besides I haven't sat down and broken the news to my '95 explorer yet.
Since95,

That’s going to be an awkward conversation. ;)

Cory

When they couldn't locate the exact options I wanted, they added an additional 500$ on my trade in to make up for the tow package I told them I did not need. So I am happy with the deal overall. I pick her up at 9am Friday :) Can't wait!

I tried the same thing - only it was a dealer swap. They refused... so I ended up just ordering it

It'll take about two weeks to get your coupon. if this is your second attempt. You'll need to use a different name. I also got one from email too.

I never got one via postal mail or email...despite 3 or 4 attempts.. but I had the dealer check and it was in their vincent system. So despite Ford ignoring me and never sending me anything, it appears my request did result in them approving me for the coupon.

Glad you were approved for the coupon phareous! Ours was a dealer swap as well, someone is driving to our dealership right now from about 3 hours away. Depending where the swap was coming from, you could always go directly to that dealer. If they sent you a window sticker, just put the VIN in to google search and it should pop up. But since you already ordered it, its here nor there, I hope you wait is a short one!! What did you order?

Saders,

We ordered a...
Limited 4WD
Ruby Red/Lt Stone Interior
302A Package
Moon Roof
Tow Package
20" Polished Alum Wheels
All Weather Floor Mats

All in all just an updated version of my '95 not necessarily better, just younger.

Glad you were approved for the coupon phareous! Ours was a dealer swap as well, someone is driving to our dealership right now from about 3 hours away. Depending where the swap was coming from, you could always go directly to that dealer. If they sent you a window sticker, just put the VIN in to google search and it should pop up. But since you already ordered it, its here nor there, I hope you wait is a short one!! What did you order?

It was 750 miles away...too far to drive. We got a 2013 Limited FWD V6 with ruby red, charcoal black, 302A, 20" polished wheels, moonroof, DVD. We also added wheel locks and rear bumper protector. Specifically refused the bucket seats/rear console (we need 7 seats) and the towing package (I have nothing to tow)

I will be buying my new 2013 Explorer Limited 4wd in the next couple of days, I have the 1000$ and 750$ rebates already locked in, as well as the x- plan. I just saw a new incentive added today, "Ford Credit 2Yr./30,000 Mile Limited Maintenance Plan" $240. Is anyone able to clarify what this is? Does it mean you get that plan if you pay the 240$, or do you get it for free and its worth 240? I'm trying to make sure I do not miss any freebie incentives, I think I got an ok deal, but I know it could always be better :) Any help would be appreciated!

Sadie

Going back to the original question.... I took it to mean you could only get the maintenance plan if you financed through ford...since on the ford incentive site it's listed under the Finance tab and not the Purchase tab. In my case, Ford wanted 3.something % (typing this from memory) and I could beat that easily. I don't know what the $240 means though - does it cost $240, is it worth $240 (surely not), do they give it to you plus $240. Who knows?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Picked up my explorer today. The maintenance plan cost $240, and it's basic non synthetic oil changes at 3000 mile intervals. You don't need to finance, we paid cash and were eligible for it. We did get the premium warranty though 7year/100,000 miles for not a horrible price. It could have been better but I was off my game this morning. Didn't even get to drive her home this morning because due to a 4 month old baby, I'm running on only 3 hours of sleep right now. Hopefully tomorrow! Love love love my new explorer!

Back