New led turn bulbs now fast flash (hyper flash) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New led turn bulbs now fast flash (hyper flash)

Carnivore

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 sport
I installed the LED turn signals in the rear of the vehicle but when I got to the front it was a little more difficult than I anticipated so I didn't have the right tools. Now that I have an LED in the back and regular bulbs in the front I'm noticing a fast turn signal speed and then it changes over to slow. Is this normal because I have two types of bulbs and will it change when I replace the front bulbs as well?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine never did this with the OEM bulb up front and LED rear.

I have LED front/rear and does NOT do this when the parking lamps are off, but will hyperflash (most of the time) with the parking lamps on (with or without headlamps).

I've chosen to live with it for now. You could install a resistor, but does require wiring modification.

So does that include when your lights are on it will hyper flash? As OCD as I am I don't think I can handle this if it hyper flashes when my headlights are on.

So does that include when your lights are on it will hyper flash? As OCD as I am I don't think I can handle this if it hyper flashes when my headlights are on.

will hyperflash (most of the time) with the parking lamps on (with or without headlamps).

Ok so I installed the front bulbs and now the right side is hyper flash all the time but the left is regular. Lights on or off makes no difference.

I am guessing at this but when the hyper flash happens it is because it does not detect enough current flow to know there is a working bulb there. I think you are going to need a resistor to cause enough current flow for the system tol realize the bulb is there and working.

This is exactly why i bought mine from carid. Theirs had the resistor built in and i had no issues with hyper flashing.

This is exactly why i bought mine from carid. Theirs had the resistor built in and i had no issues with hyper flashing.

That IS where I bought mine from. They are sending me resistors for free but I don't remember if mine had them in them or not.

Yes, those are the exact ones I have

So here is the latest in my dilemma with my LED bulbs. After installing the resistors in the rear the turn signals work fine when there's no lights on. But when the lights are on the turn signals flash fast. I am not sure what else to do other than put resistors on the front bulbs as well which is something car ID.com said I would not need to do.

So here is the latest in my dilemma with my LED bulbs. After installing the resistors in the rear the turn signals work fine when there's no lights on. But when the lights are on the turn signals flash fast. I am not sure what else to do other than put resistors on the front bulbs as well which is something car ID.com said I would not need to do.

Maybe you got one set of bad bulbs? Did CarID say they would warranty them since they were not supposed to need resistors?

You'll need front and rear resistors to completely eliminate hyper flashing. I just went through the same ordeal myself this weekend. I installed them in the taillights first because of how easy it was. I tried them out, no hyper flash. Thought I was done until I turned on the headlights and the hyper flash was back. Installed another set of resistors up front now all is well. I added HID's, LED turns front and rear, LED puddle lights, license plate lights and LED reverse bulbs. WOW, what a difference!

You'll need front and rear resistors to completely eliminate hyper flashing. I just went through the same ordeal myself this weekend. I installed them in the taillights first because of how easy it was. I tried them out, no hyper flash. Thought I was done until I turned on the headlights and the hyper flash was back. Installed another set of resistors up front now all is well. I added HID's, LED turns front and rear, LED puddle lights, license plate lights and LED reverse bulbs. WOW, what a difference!

I put resistors on the front only and has worked great. Some seem to have better luck with putting them upfront first and finding out that's all they need. Don't know what resistors you used, I used 2-50 watt,6 ohm resistors. Glad you like the LEDs. Where did you end up buying them from?

I put resistors on the front only and has worked great. Some seem to have better luck with putting them upfront first and finding out that's all they need. Don't know what resistors you used, I used 2-50 watt,6 ohm resistors. Glad you like the LEDs. Where did you end up buying them from?

I went by and saw Dan. ;)

Wondering if I should try removing the rears or just let them be. All is working great currently.

I went by and saw Dan. ;)

Wondering if I should try removing the rears or just let them be. All is working great currently.

Did Dan say anything about when his LED DRLs will be available?

Dan is a good guy, good to hear about more product development.

Noticed something last night installing some interior LED's. My power 3rd row buttons and the dome light buttons stay illuminated for quite awhile after the interior lights go off. I'd say at least 10 minutes. Thought my new lights were affecting them so I pulled them back out but nothing changed. Searched around some but didn't see anything about it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Noticed something last night installing some interior LED's. My power 3rd row buttons and the dome light buttons stay illuminated for quite awhile after the interior lights go off. I'd say at least 10 minutes. Thought my new lights were affecting them so I pulled them back out but nothing changed. Searched around some but didn't see anything about it.
If they are turning off after 10 minutes it is likely that it is because of the vehicles 'Battery Saver' feature cutting in.

Battery saver
The battery saver will shut off the exterior lamps and interior lamps,
except the hazard warning lamps if activated, 10 minutes after the
ignition control has been turned off. The system will not turn off the
parking lamps if the lighting control is in the parking lamps on position.

This would mean that you still have a problem somewhere.

Peter

Back