New LED's installed, now a question/issue. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New LED's installed, now a question/issue.

Hey all, we just picked up a 2014 Explorer last week and the first thing I had to do was change out the horrific bulbs in the projectors, what was Ford thinking?!? So after doing a lot of reading on here, which was VERY helpful, I went with LED Light Pro which several members here seemed to really like. Installing was pretty straight forward but when I took the truck for a spin the left side, when looking from the drivers seat, seems considerably brighter than the right side. It didn't see anyone talking about having to adjust anything so I figured I'd ask if anyone had any suggestions. Also what was strange was when plugging the stock plug to the LED's, the little notch on the LED the clicks the plug into place with the factory plug doesn't allow the LED to work when plugged in. Once I turn the plug around so the notch is on the opposite side it works fine. Any suggestions are appreciated, hopefully this all made sense. Here's some pics to better assist.

81-4y8VQpvL._SL1500_.jpg

20171122_181901.jpg

20171122_182118.jpg

20171122_182130.jpg

Hey all, we just picked up a 2014 Explorer last week and the first thing I had to do was change out the horrific bulbs in the projectors, what was Ford thinking?!? So after doing a lot of reading on here, which was VERY helpful, I went with LED Light Pro which several members here seemed to really like. Installing was pretty straight forward but when I took the truck for a spin the left side, when looking from the drivers seat, seems considerably brighter than the right side. It didn't see anyone talking about having to adjust anything so I figured I'd ask if anyone had any suggestions. Also what was strange was when plugging the stock plug to the LED's, the little notch on the LED the clicks the plug into place with the factory plug doesn't allow the LED to work when plugged in. Once I turn the plug around so the notch is on the opposite side it works fine. Any suggestions are appreciated, hopefully this all made sense. Here's some pics to better assist.

View attachment 152080

View attachment 152081

View attachment 152082

View attachment 152083
Never mind, fixed! Man tough crowd.

fixed.jpg

What was the problem? Also how are the high beams? Mine high beams are way too high and the lows are good. can you post pic of high beam against that door< I would like to see the light pattern.

What was the problem? Also how are the high beams? Mine high beams are way too high and the lows are good. can you post pic of high beam against that door< I would like to see the light pattern.

Yeah how did you fix this....

Back