fr0st m0nkey

Reaction score
City, State
Stockton, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3312699/2003-ford-explorer

33126990006_large.jpg

He's claiming it's a 6" lift. How do you think he managed to stuff those?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks like he did a spacer lift like a btf lift which would give him almost 3in and than a 3in body lift

Agreed on the spacer/body lift. Body lift looks obvious. The ony other way I know of obtaining that much lift (6") would be to double SAS that with leaf springs over the axle.

You can see a **** load of frame...Body lift.

That's the only lifted x that will NEVER see dirt LOL
Seriously though somebody has way too much free time /dough

First off I am one of those people who just hates that stuff...why modify your vehicle to be capable of doing less things...you cant even haul damn groceries in it lol.

But I don't understand why people are impressed by that stuff, we know that 90+ % of the people who own those did none of the word themselves, they dropped it off at a shop for a few weeks and handed them a wad of cash.

I just don't get it and sorry for anyone who lowers their truck, but really? Have fun with potholes and speed bumps boys :D

Had to get that out.

Edit Edit Edit: Dropped all that money into it and it running the stock exhaust?

Agreed on the spacer/body lift. Body lift looks obvious. The ony other way I know of obtaining that much lift (6") would be to double SAS that with leaf springs over the axle.

Yes, It can be done I have 7" of Suspension lift no body lift and its all factory with the exception of the lift brackets and upper control arms I made. I have 35s on this

e1e6ac5a.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

dbc76528.jpg

b7e01ee2.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

Ah yes, I forgot about your lift. Just by looking at those pictures I don't think he had/has done that. I need to ask you a few questions about your lift, but that's a place for your thread.

just wanted to say ,That is one sweet looking explorer man !

First off I am one of those people who just hates that stuff...why modify your vehicle to be capable of doing less things...you cant even haul damn groceries in it lol.

But I don't understand why people are impressed by that stuff, we know that 90+ % of the people who own those did none of the word themselves, they dropped it off at a shop for a few weeks and handed them a wad of cash.

I just don't get it and sorry for anyone who lowers their truck, but really? Have fun with potholes and speed bumps boys :D

Had to get that out.

Edit Edit Edit: Dropped all that money into it and it running the stock exhaust?
I agree...:thumbsup:

Here are a few pictures of some of the brackets. These are final run what would be sold if I market these. These are several more brackets but this is what I have now. I though everyone would like a sneak peak. All designed by myself.
IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

Not sure if I am going to have time to finish getting this stuff into production I have been really busy with work and other stuff lately and had to put this on the back burner.

I may be willing to sell all of the details and CAD and DXF files to someone for $5500 who may want to take it the rest of the way. I have everything deatail in AutoCad for all of the parts and materials. I also have Nested DXF files for the Laser cutout of all of the flat peices. Enough to be able to send them to a vendor to have made.

Here are a few pictures of some of the brackets. These are final run what would be sold if I market these. These are several more brackets but this is what I have now. I though everyone would like a sneak peak. All designed by myself.
IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg
So 5500 for this stuff

That was a long time ago 2012- I think he wanted so much $ for it because it was a business opportunity for someone to make the kits and sell them. I haven’t read through this whole thread, but there’s more info about it:
Duner's 6" Lift Kit Group Buy Thread

Since 3rd Gen Explorer’s haven’t been a popular vehicle to lift that high (maybe because no one ever made a whole lot of parts to do it?) I think interest in the kits wouldn’t have been in big demand- a very limited group and not a huge profit unfortunately.☹️

how is the ride quality?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how is the ride quality?
This thread has been dead for going on a decade and he hasn't been on the forum in almost four years. Trust me, I've tried to reach out to him but have had no luck

Back