New Lightbar Installed! (lots of pics) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Lightbar Installed! (lots of pics)

I installed my new CARR Lightwing yesterday with 2 new 100W ProComp lights. The Lightwing is a license plate frame that incorporates mounting points for 2 lights. I may get day pics of the wing if y'all want.

My digicam isn't the best, but I took an assortment of pics. On the front currently I have my stock headlights, Pilot 55W fogs, Procomp 100W driving lights, knight rider assembly, and the Apillar spotlight.

Dead Link Removed

2235lw2.jpg

2235lw3.jpg

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

2235lw6.jpg

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

"Splat and Dr. Candlepower" :)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Originally posted by mattadams
Alec, I feel the need to designate you with some sort of title now that you are catching up in lighting to ol' Vegas. How does "Dr. Candlepower" sound? LOL.

coming from Sir Auxillary lights himself, I would take that as a complement Alec. ;)

My sig is now changed ;)

So Matt, do I get a free set of PIAAs as an award prize?

I just installed some Silverstar headlights that I was keeping around as spares. I decided to throw them in and keep the stockers as spares instead.

Not as good as the expensive PIAA bulbs, but much better than stock and not much $$$ more. A great value.

Hey Alec, just a couple of quick Q's. 1) what type of projector fogs are those? They look just like the pilots I put on the very edge of my cowguard. 2) This one is more of and after site than a question. You forgot to white out one of your plates on the day pics.

1) Yes, they are just Pilot 55W fogs

2) I know I didn't block all the images of my plate. I don't really care that my plate is on the net. I just blocked it in those images that it is a huge part of. I don't mind the plate number on here, but I don't really want it blatantly staring you in the face.

hmm sorry no free PIAA's. Even my supply has been cut off lately, LOL.

Can we get more pictures of this bar from people who have it? I'm thinking about getting it.. but it kind of looks like it blocks the headlights a tad.. idk.. I want to see it at more angles.. and it in silver..... =\

I bought this light bar from Alec and it is now on my son-in-laws Dodge truck.
The chrome has peeled and the mountings are not that great. But for the price I paid and the fact that it isnt on my veh. , it's OK and I'm happy.
I'd say, skip it.
http://www.carr.com/store/carrlightwings.asp

I need to mount lights somewhere up front and don't have the money for a brush guard.. which I want really bad.. or a safari bar..

bump, suggestions?

Would that even look good? You think you could find a pic with one of those on? Would it kill my approach angle?

looks awsome and very bright

I was once pushed by a truck with a push bar, wow did it do a lot of damage to the trunk of my previous car!!! :(, the push bar didn't seem to be damaged even tho it was a SS one

Ss?

Stainless steel

Ah.

Back