New lights on my 96 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New lights on my 96

OK so the roof ones are new.. but i just learned how to put pictures on here so they are all new for the forum. Heres a couple of pics. I have 2 driving lights right below the license plate, 2 bumper lights, and 4 roof lights, that i have the stock fogs and HIDs in the headlights. let me know what you think.:thumbsup:
PICT0535.jpg

PICT0533.jpg

this last one show my new rims and tires too. 15x8 american racing with 31x10.5x15

PICT0532.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbsup:I think it looks great. Looks like you cant outdrive your lights.

Awesome man, really like it. How did you wire the roof rack lights?

Thanks guys,
for the lights i just have them mounted on the stock cross bar and than the wiring is brought down along the bar behind it and black electrical taped. Its not the prettiest job from right up close, but from a few feet back you can't even see it. The ugliest part i think is going from the bar to the cab, in which there is just a big wire going across the little piece of roof into the drivers rear door. I will take daytime pics today to show everyone. :thumbsup:

OK, I think that's how I did mine too, was curious.

alright here are some more detailed of the lights and of all my lights on. i think im going a little nuts here, but what can i say... i like lights :D

this is the wiring on the bar
explorer030.jpg

this is a close up of the bar and where the wire comes in
explorer031.jpg

not lights, but my new rims and tires anyway ha
explorer032.jpg

heres all the lights on
explorer035.jpg

a close up of the HID's for clear nights and massive yellows for nasty weather
explorer037.jpg

alright im back off to school tomorrow but the modding will continue over spring break hopefully :)

Nice!!

Now go get some new lugnuts to replace the rusted ones :D jk
I wanted to put 2 lights on the roof rack but I'm afraid it will look like a mouse :rolleyes: so I'll be looking into putting 4 up there

Love it. IMO, you can never have too many lights. :D Well done.

Now go get some new lugnuts to replace the rusted ones :D jk
I wanted to put 2 lights on the roof rack but I'm afraid it will look like a mouse :rolleyes: so I'll be looking into putting 4 up there

haha i know even my dad was like your car would look better if your lug nuts didn't suck, i'll invest in a set soon. As for the lights... i had two on top for a little while. heres a pic to show you how it looks.
explorer007.jpg

explorer005.jpg

andy

i sell bulbs, osram and narva. i have the new osram night breakers drop me a line i can hook you up.

pdburg@suddenlink.net

Thanks for the pics Andy, but I think I'll knock the lights off with the trees outside my house, so I'll mount them on the bumper, also I want to upgrade to an 02 or 03, we just upgraded my gf's 95 to an 02 and it's now my turn :D

looks nice andy what kind of hids u got on ur x is that 6000K or 8000K or what they look really really nice

looks nice andy what kind of hids u got on ur x is that 6000K or 8000K or what they look really really nice

Thanks, They are 10,000 Xentech's. they actually give quite a bit of light but in bad weather i need to use my yellows. I am trying to get new headlight housings at some point that are nicer so hopefully that will make them stand out even more and spread a little more light.

Looks good, what kind of lights are those on the roof?

they are the wal mart specials haha. I bought them on ebay, 2 sets for about $20. They are 55 watt but they give a nice amount of light. The part number is NV-331 if you want to look them up. :thumbsup:

Back