New member, 2001 XLT for 7 years now | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New member, 2001 XLT for 7 years now

ExploderRJ

Reaction score
City, State
Costa Mesa, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi all, been an Explorer companion for the last 7 years, found the forum in my wanderings while trying to learn to do repairs myself. More cost-efficient these days, poor girl had a rough life before we met! Currently arguing with the driver’s door assembly and the radiator fan, I’m sure I’ll be a constant source of questions but so far being able to peek at others’ threads has been a massive help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to EF!!! we love stories like this, we get another X back on the road!!! hope you find all the answers and that your X gives you thousands more miles and smiles!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: also, youre just about an hour from me!;) maybe ill see ya on the road!

welcome to EF!!! we love stories like this, we get another X back on the road!!! hope you find all the answers and that your X gives you thousands more miles and smiles!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: also, youre just about an hour from me!;) maybe ill see ya on the road!
Yeah??? Could be, I already figured out the transmission flush (not getting into gear is fun on the freeway in the OC) so now I’m on this cracked fan) but I plan to do the suspension this summer so I can go whomp again! Currently 1,216 shy of a quarter million miles and the engine is still a beauty. It’s the peripherals that are the headache, but I’m trying! Where are you located?

im in the valley, so not all that far from you! are you looking to lift it or just make it like stock?

im in the valley, so not all that far from you! are you looking to lift it or just make it like stock?
It’s all the original at the moment… so it’s all sorts of squishy, to put it nicely. I’ll probably lift it just a bit for clearance since we off-road a lot if I’m gonna bother doing it at all. I’ve been debating getting something new or just making this one a sleeper, I get attached to my rides but some of the bits that’re coming undone are doozies…. And I definitely don’t do upholstery haha

where do you go? i hang out at gorman and el mirage! may i suggest the good ole TT/shackles+31s

Welcome.

Back