New Member - 2007 owners check IN! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Member - 2007 owners check IN!

johnkimx83

Reaction score
City, State
The Big Apple
Hey all,

I'm seriously considering a current gen Explorer as my next car, so I joined this community to get the post possible insight about the car. I currently drive a '96 Nissan Maxima, but it's time to move on.

Unfortunately i'm a bit hesitant about the 2006, considering the radiator problems, so my attention is now directed towards the 2007. Does the 2007 have any known problems like the 2006? Consumer reviews look positive, but the more I read about the 2006, the more I find myself leaning towards the imports.

ANY INPUT WILL BE APPRECIATED!

- John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have an 07 with about 21K on it. So far so good. The only problem is with the power seat. The 10 way switch doesn't work for the seat tilt. Going back on warranty for that. I love the sound system and the ride is great. The cab is also very quiet and free of any shakes or rattles.:thumbsup:

We just traded my wife's old 2000 EB V8 for an 07 EB V8 just 2 days ago. I have only driven it about 20 miles or so but it's a great truck. What a difference from the 2000. We bought it used with 36k on the clock and haven't had so much as a peep from it since she started driving it. I can repost in a couplea weeks and give you an update, but I'm seriously not expecting any problems since the 2000 was pretty much trouble free.

The only reason we traded the 2000 was because my wife introduced the rear end to a fire hydrant that was very serious in keeping it's parking spot...:eek:

welcome

Hey, thanks for the replies and welcomes. It's been three months since I first posted, and I still haven't purchased a new car yet! I work in Manhattan so I don't really use my car much, and I never got around to devoting my attention towards buying a new car. My Maxima still takes me from A to B.

The Explorer, however, is still at the top of my list. I always wanted an Explorer, and the current gas prices are only egging me on (although i'm certain the current price-drop is temporary). There's a white Eddie Bauer in my neighborhood that looks sweet as hell.

Any other '07 owners wanna chime in?

I have an '06 Limited (4.6L 6 speed auto) with 42K miles and zero problems. The trans doesn't always shift the way I'd like . . . there's a TSB for it, but since the car is out of warranty, I haven't bothered to do anything about it.

The '06 replaced a '99 Eddie Bauer 5.0L AWD. I traded it in with 115K relatively trouble free miles. The '06 has a much smoother/quieter ride than the '99 . . . it drove like a truck!

My wife drives a '08 Escape Limited which replaced a '98 Windstar. My other car is a Limited Edition '99 Mustang GT. FORDS FOREVER!

Buy American! ... :usa: We're in a global economic war and if you're buying foreign, you're buying from the enemy!

Just picked up a 2007 Limited last weekend. Just over 19,000 miles and got a GREAT dea. My wife is loving it so far! The only thing I have noticed is what the previous poster has stated, the trans shifts a little odd at times. I'm going to get the TSB fix performed on the trans at some point. Other than that, it's a great ride.

img_0683_resize_207.jpg

Back