• Register Today It's free!

New Member 2014 Exp XLT

nmat81

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello all. Very excited to be apart of the Ford family. I just purchased a CPO 14 Ford Explorer XLT (no sunroof). The interior dome light bulbs are out and need to bring back to the dealer for replacement. I wanted to purchase LED Map & Dome lights but wanted to make sure I bought the right lights. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello all. Very excited to be apart of the Ford family. I just purchased a CPO 14 Ford Explorer XLT (no sunroof). The interior dome light bulbs are out and need to bring back to the dealer for replacement. I wanted to purchase LED Map & Dome lights but wanted to make sure I bought the right lights. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi nmat81,

I'm happy to have you in the Ford Family! Will you be purchasing the LED bulbs for your Ford Dealer to install? Let me know. Also, send over your current mileage.

Thanks,

Todd

Welcome.

Replace Interior Map & Dome lights

Hi Todd,

Thank you very much for your response. I wanted to do it myself. I was under the impression that the dealerships prefer not to install after market parts. I purchased a certified pre owned and its interior bulbs are out. I can get em replaced from factory bulbs but liked the LED (white) interior lights. For Sun visor, Map, Dome and trunk lights. I also want to replace the exterior lights to Xeon (HID) lights after the interior are completed. Thanks again Todd.

Hi Todd,

Thank you very much for your response. I wanted to do it myself. I was under the impression that the dealerships prefer not to install after market parts...
Thanks for the update, nmat81.

There’s nothing wrong with being a hands-on person. Here's a little info on Aftermarket modifications. The installation or use of any aftermarket product will not necessarily void the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. However, if the aftermarket product fails or causes a Ford Motor Company part to fail, the cost of the repair and any related damage(s) are not covered by your Ford Motor Company warranty.

Ford Motor Company does not recommend changes to our products. Only changes that have been thoroughly tested and approved by Ford Engineering should be considered. In this case, Ford part numbers will be issued and parts made available for purchase through our dealers.

Let me know if you have any questions, and have a great day! :)

Tricia

Welcome from Costa Mesa California! :thumbsup:

Back