• Register Today It's free!

New Member -Frequent Reader

diXie7249

Reaction score
City, State
WS,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT V8 4.6L
Hi, just wanted to thank everyone who has posted anything about fixing their 3rd Generation Explorers, all though my husband feels a bit in shock because I have taken on researching my major Automotive Problems here. I take life by the reins, So here it goes

Now on to what is about to be fixed in the next 2 weeks

1.) Good ol fashion tune up , including Oil Filter adapter replacement, which has been the cause of a huge oil leak.Oil Change,Spark plug change, transmission fluid/Power steering fluid/Radiator Fluid FLUSH.
2.) Re-Charge the K&N Air Filter
3.) New Front Ball Joint/Control Arms
4.) New Front and Rear Struts
5.) New Tires :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
6.) Passenger side Window Motor/Regulator
7.) Driver Side Door Power Switch
8.) Rear Temp/Blend Door Actuator or Gears
9.) A FULL TANK OF GAS :eek::eek::eek:
10.) Timing Belt Tensioner /Idler Pulley /Belt Replacement.

fix the ticking gear in the rear AC, fix the lever/vacuum thing behind the glove box that controls the vents/defrost,

improve my 10 mpg ...BIG BIG Goal.
If I have any money left, I will get a radio...I have been tuneless since the end of Summer...and that makes for one BORED CHIC !

Thanks, I actually viewed a video by one of your guys on Youtube, and asked a question about the drivers door.
The chain of events that led me to this epiphany.
I used to own a 86/87 Bronco II , It was an 87, with a lot of 86 parts...don't ask.
I replaced a lot of stuff on that truck, by myself...alternator a few times, spark plugs and wires...brakes, shocks. I learned to work on my own auto with that truck, it was my first manual. I miss it some days..
SO I got hit at school, and long story short I got a rental car for a few days, happened to be a 2011 Explorer Limited, I got a little spoiled, but also realized how many things needed attention on my truck. I was really happy to get my truck back, because 1) its paid for 2) its paid for 3) I realized that I had neglected to take care of it .
So a few things that had been bothering me
1) drivers side door lock/unlock never works when the key is not on, (I asked in a PM on the youtube site)
2) found the code for my keyless entry, but the locking option doesn't work (probably due to #1)
3) found why the air in the front randomly goes from vent to defrost
4) clicking noise in the driver side rear
5) fixed my compass and calibration
6) fixed the drivers seat power adjustment, drove for almost the whole 3 years without knowing where to look, 2 pregnancies were interesting being *stuck* in a tight front seat.

Alot of just reading for the past 2 weeks, without joining this forum, I have learned so much.
So , Thanks !

Back