• Register Today It's free!

New Member from California

dana88

Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Mountianeer
Hi Everyone, I have been a member for a while and I just picked up a 99 Mountaineer for $2000.00. Its does have 150k, but it was from the original owner and was always serviced at the local Ford Dealer. It doesn’t have any rust or major problems, but it does have 150k miles and needs some parts replaced.
I plan on making it handle better, so I want to use a set of Cobra R Wheels I have. I also plan on lowering it (I did find lots of Information on this at this Forum).
Since I’m going to take apart the Front End, I’m going to replace the Rack and Pinion (I see this is going to be a PITA, not like the 80’s Mustang which is a piece of cake), control Arms (Bushings, Ball joints & Tie Rods). I also will replace the Rear Springs.
Questions I have, since this is an AWD, will the Cobra R’s fit ok on the Front? And who is the best place to buy the Control arms, rear springs, Rack and Pinion etc? I am not looking for cheap parts (Chinese junk), although cheaper prices on quality parts is always a plus & I don’t trust most of the stuff I see on eBay. I added some pictures of the Truck.
:cool:
Mounty_Front_Drivers.jpg

Mounty_Front_Passenger.jpg

In the Garage with the Cobra
Mounty_Cobra_intheGarage.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice mounty and cobra u got

i am from cali too but in newport beach

Howdy neighbor! Nice rig!:thumbsup:

Thanks everyone, glad to be a member :thumbsup:

Back