new member from colorado with 98 limited...some questions. | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

new member from colorado with 98 limited...some questions.

AlwaysAGentleman

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Limited
Hi, just by looking around these forums I have seen a lot of great information from people who obviously know and love explorers. I have had my 98 limited explorer since last feb. and it has been awesome. I have a few questions though, my tires are nearly bald now they are 235 75 15, I am looking for some new tires for about 100$ or less preferably lower would be better, was looking for some suggestions.

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sams01XplrSprt

Southern Cali Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport (sold)
welcome

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
I'm praying you mean each... :D

I love my Cooper Discoverer ATR's. They are in your price range, and have a nice somewhat aggressive tread for winter, I didn't slide around, and they behave on dry pavement as well. I'd buy another set for sure.

XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Wausau, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport SOHC 4X4
Welcome. IF you are looking for a nice a/t tire i would recommend the general grabber
at2. THey seems to be a good all around tire and have love how they handle in snow.
http://www.treadepot.com/groupdetail.html check them out. I also ordered them from that site. Cheapest shipping i could find at the time too.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

becker69

Reaction score
City, State
Centennial, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport Trac
I've done a ton of tire research (as many of us have here :)), depending on the size you're looking for I can seriously recommend the Pro Comp AT's, especially for their snow traction. I've been running them for the last 5 years here in Denver and they are great. They have been nothing short of amazing for the wheeling I've done too. In addition, I am getting my Grabber AT 2's tomorrow... although I can't comment on them personally; research led me to purchasing them and I'd be surprised if I'm disappointed.

Good luck with your research and decisions. :thumbsup: