New member from the Netherlands

mfrankena

Reaction score
City, State
Den Haag
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT 4wd
Hi all,

I'm a new one to this forum. A couple of years ago owned a F150, 2wd from '96.
Now i was looking again for one, but due to the family thing, decided on a Ford Explorer XLT 4wd from '96. :thumbsup:
Bought it last week and am a very happy camper :D

34 male from the Netherlands, working for the Dutch Government, department of Transportation, public- and waterworks. Seperated, have a son age 3,5.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the website! You should post some photos of your Explorer when you get a chance. :cool:

Thnx for the welcome.

I will, when it's back from the shop.... When i did the first testdrive, the steeringpump started to moan when i got back. I looked and found hydraulic-oil leak underneath the truck. It was clear oil, so defenitely from the steeringpump.
The second drive i took it to a specialized company called Century USA cars, which imports and maintenance on usa cars, mostly Ford.

They lookede underneath and found the leakage, a broken stabilizer rod on the lhs and the front discs were a bit worn. Other than this it was in very good condition. (happy happy happy)
But the yearly check (called apk here in holland) allready was due in April.
So it was without apk, not good.

Now they will do the apk and fix what's needed. The only problem might be: is it actually the steeringpump or just a connector/hose leaking? Well, i hope it's the latter ;)

So long story short: if they fix it this week, i can make some nice pics. after i clean her up :) :D

Welcome! Sounds like you've got a nice Ex coming home after they fix a couple of small problems. I would think that the PS sounds like a hose/fitting. Don't think too much about the PS pump noise, Ford power steering pumps are generally "noisy"

Good luck getting it fixed up for inspection! :thumbsup:

darn, have to wait untill monday at least. they didn't have any time untill then to get started on it. So hopefully it'll be only simple stuff and they fix it soon.

i'm so anxious to get driving :p::D

Welkom!

Van harte welkom op het forum!

Leuk om hier iemand uit Nederland te zien. Je zult zien dat je hier verschrikkelijk veel nuttige informatie kunt vinden. Nog een persoonlijke tip: ik bestel onderdelen uit Amerika en laat ze verzenden via Bongo naar Nederland. Scheelt aanzienlijk met de prijs die je bij de garage of de dealer moet betalen...

Veel rijplezier met je Explorer!

Groet,

Hans

[roughly translated:]
Nice to see a fellow dutchman here. This forum contains tons of usefull info. Tip: I order my parts directly from the States and send them to Europe via Bongo. Saves you sometimes half the price!

Have fun driving your Ex!

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your Ex.

thnx.

Well finally, it cost me more money then anticipated, but she will be ready on friday. So i can finally enjoy my "new" old Ex!!!!

the steeringpump was okay, fewwww, it's just a leaking pipe/hose.
expensive items were tires which were just below limit and brake discs and pads all around :(

Well at least, i can drive her finally!!!!! seen some nice things on this forum and ebay to start modding her :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

welcome

welcome to the forum...

Sorry about the world cup.... I was going for Spain, but I think the game could have gone either way... I mean, the fact that there were no goals most of the game says a lot about the quility of the teams...

Netherlands has a great soccer history...

Welcome to the forum, Martin! Just curious, but where in the Netherlands are you? Wifey lived there for a few years in the Maastricht area.

Lee
(how interesting...my first post to the forum, and it's to welcome another new member!)

Welcome to the forum, Martin! Just curious, but where in the Netherlands are you? Wifey lived there for a few years in the Maastricht area.

Lee
(how interesting...my first post to the forum, and it's to welcome another new member!)

Hey Lee,

I live in the Hague (temporarily) moving back to the Westland. That's the greenhouses area between the Hague, Delft and Rotterdam.

Back