• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

cyrustrux

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Hello all I am a new registered member, hope to gain knowledge and share my experiences with all. Here goes! :yelexp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

cyrustrux

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Recently, I hit a pothole on NY STREETS..., and the radio will not work. I also noticed that when I press the brakes, the (4x4, Low Range) lights up on the lower right side of the dash board. I believe this is a problem since when I push the 4x4 and the Low Range botton nothing is happening to change this. Furthermore, I recently noticed that when I come to a slow stop I hear all kind of noise under the truck, simular to when the 4x4, Low Range is being engage or being disengaged. Okay, any commits or questions? Oh, or could I just disengage that whole system?

Sams01XplrSprt

Southern Cali Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport (sold)
welcome

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
Welcome to this forum! Which part of Brooklyn do you live in? These city streets ruin a lot more than the radio. I had shredded tires, cracked rotors, and even a shock tower pull out from a really deep pot hole that caught my wheel. Did you pull out the radio to check the wiring behind it? It might have a short.

cyrustrux

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Hello all....... I live in the Canarsie area of Brooklyn, Today I pulled the radio out and untangled the wires, there had to diffinatlely have had a short. Moving the wire apart from each other the dash board (4x4, Low Range) lights went off. However, I believe that their may be a problem with the hub. I am get the price for the hubs maybe I can replace them myself and some money.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars