new member | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello all,great site,learning alot. I am the new owner of a 94 XLT. So far I've experienced all the wonderful symptoms you guys have been talking about. The mysterious check engine light,appearing then vanishing. Finding out about the wonderful world of the code 41 transmission. The decisions of what gear lube to use . I'm glad I'm not alone...The truck is stock and I'm thinking about some bigger tires first. My guess is the 30 x 9.50, then to the rear....?

Welcome

You're sure to find tons of info on any subject here. Your mods, will they be for offroad or on?

mods

They will be for offroad..I want to get it ready for hunting this year for starters.Marylands eastern shore tends to get a little muddy,not to many mountains.My F-150 was just barely sliding through.Not really sure where to begin.I figure the tires will help and I'm also interested in getting some more power.I'm looking into the flowmasters and the K & N air stuff.Any help would be appreciated ! This is going to be a long journey isn't it? There's so much I can do(and probably will !) and this being my first 4 x 4, I'm really getting overwhelmed by all the options.Where to start..........

If your gonna use it offroad quite a bit you should go with bigger tires than 30s. I'd do a couple inch body lift or get lift springs in the front and shackles in the rear and put on some 32s. This will give you at least another inch of clearence under everything and give you better approach and departure angles and look good to boot. A good locker in the rear and maybe in the front too would help ya through the mud too.

As for power I'd go with the Flowmaster, a K&N w/ modified air box or a KKN conical filter, and a chip. Beyond that you could do headers and MAS.

Back