• Register Today It's free!

New member..

Boomie

Reaction score
City, State
Vernon, bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 base 4x4
Hey guys, Boomie here from BC, Canada. I’m 31, been into ranger based vehicles as long as I can remember (my first vehicle was an 84 bronco II and I’ve owned more of them than I’d like to count ;) )
Recently made the swap over to explorers last year when I bought a 91 (I like my first gens I guess) but that was short lived as a venture through a puddle caused her to never run right again. A couple weeks ago I bought a 99 OHV 4x4 and I am LOVING the independent front end over the TTB that I’ve been accustomed to.
94644746-DE2F-42DB-936D-8E5534CAD20D.jpeg

She’s currently bone stock mechanically, however I have big plans for her (going to do a leaf spring SAS in the near future, I have everything I need but the shackles for the front).
This forum has been a great source of information for me lately as I have been upgrading minor cosmetic parts (I grabbed an auto dimming rear view mirror from an 04 yesterday and will be wiring that in today along with some new to me LED pods).
17219888-7AE8-4249-9ACA-1C3BFBD2FF84.jpeg

6F4930FF-EFC2-4E37-B484-619A1D3DD6EA.jpeg

Anyway, thanks for having me here and I’m hoping there are some more BC explorer fans out here!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your SAS build:chug:

Thanks Rick!
I am looking forward to it myself, something I have been planning since owning my first bronco II 12 years ago, but finally at a point in my life where I’m just like “F it, it’s getting done” :laugh:
Next “big” job I’m tackling is going to be paint.. the old girl has been sitting in the elements for the last twenty some odd years and the clear coat is nearly all peeling off, time for a couple rattle cans of Tremclad matte black and we’re good to go ;);)

Welcome.

Welcome looking forward to the build

Thanks guys looking forward to sharing as much info as I can, I’m still learning as I go.
I’m currently diving deep over my head as I am trying to install a factory RAPS system in my 99 that didn’t come with one :banghead:

Back