NEWPORTNJ

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
ST.
I just had the new update installed and its awesome, for those that where angry for the temp reading take in away it's back next to the clock,for the ones that have the ambient light it now has a brightness control feature, and more update that i wont tell. Please post new findings !!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad you are happy with it. I've noticed some improvements with v3.2.2 also. I have also noticed that it reboots MUCH more frequently now. Maybe they are trying to clear out the trash a little more often to keep it running smoothly. Oh, and just to let ya know, the brightness control was there before ;)

You have a 2013, that came with the brightness control, my 2011 did not, even with the last upgrade.

Really? I thought they all had it. The cars we took for test drives had it, but they must have been 2012's. My bad :)

My '11 has had brightness control from the beginning... Perhaps they moved/changed the control to make it more intuitive.

Thanks for the feedback on the update.

My '11 has had brightness control from the beginning... Perhaps they moved/changed the control to make it more intuitive.

Thanks for the feedback on the update.
I'm sure that mine also had the brightness control before any updates were done. Other than having the temp display back where it was, I haven't noticed anything different. No reboots. I'm assuming the two temp displays do not get their info from the same place. I notice quite regularily that the MFT temp is 1 degree C less than the display in the right screen. Perhaps the signal warms up on its way to the right display. :D

Peter

My old 2011 had brightness control.

Hmmm...I thought so :)

The new update is more for the speach commands and they also have a software update for the pcm and that had to do with the fan system, and its also a little faster and what i also notice is that my radio when on sirius its working much better not much reception lost any more i had a lot of that. I did the update on 10/19 and i have driven same route and no lost of reception and that is a big plus for me !!

The new update is more for the speach commands and they also have a software update for the pcm and that had to do with the fan system, and its also a little faster and what i also notice is that my radio when on sirius its working much better not much reception lost any more i had a lot of that. I did the update on 10/19 and i have driven same route and no lost of reception and that is a big plus for me !!

Hey, NEWPORTNJ!

Glad you're liking the update, and everything is running faster for you! :thumbsup:

Rebecca

on my Sport I noticed that the cruise control set speed now displays above the cruise control icon in the left display. In the XLT it was in the bottom line of the display next to the cruise control icon. Is this a 3.2.2 change, or just a difference in the 4wd vs. 2wd models?

I need to get used to it, after spending a year and a half looking at it in a certain place I find I'm searching for it now :)

on my Sport I noticed that the cruise control set speed now displays above the cruise control icon in the left display. In the XLT it was in the bottom line of the display next to the cruise control icon. Is this a 3.2.2 change, or just a difference in the 4wd vs. 2wd models?

I need to get used to it, after spending a year and a half looking at it in a certain place I find I'm searching for it now :)
I have the latest update and the speed still shows at the bottom. I doubt it is related to FWD or AWD. Perhaps the change is in the 2013 layout?

Peter

I have the latest update and the speed still shows at the bottom. I doubt it is related to FWD or AWD. Perhaps the change is in the 2013 layout?

Peter

I think it's related to the "Tow Mode" option. When I press the tow mode button the icon for tow mode is where the old speed used to show in the bottom bar.

On that note, I found another new behavior. When switching to manual it will change the display to the tach + current gear, it used to stay there when shifting back to drive, now it goes back to whatever screen you were on (live fuel economy for me usually). This is a nice fix, it used to be one of the most irritating things for me in the XLT since I regularly downshift when descending hills, taking off-ramps, etc. AND since in the Sport downshifting is as easy as tapping the paddle, without having to shift the lever, this is an even more convenient behavior.

Hey, NEWPORTNJ!

Glad you're liking the update, and everything is running faster for you! :thumbsup:

Rebecca

What new update...and where can I get it? My wife would like the thermometer back.

I think it's related to the "Tow Mode" option. When I press the tow mode button the icon for tow mode is where the old speed used to show in the bottom bar.

On that note, I found another new behavior. When switching to manual it will change the display to the tach + current gear, it used to stay there when shifting back to drive, now it goes back to whatever screen you were on (live fuel economy for me usually). This is a nice fix, it used to be one of the most irritating things for me in the XLT since I regularly downshift when descending hills, taking off-ramps, etc. AND since in the Sport downshifting is as easy as tapping the paddle, without having to shift the lever, this is an even more convenient behavior.

If you really, really want me to, I can check to see if this was a part of the update.

What new update...and where can I get it? My wife would like the thermometer back.

Version 3.2.2 is available for download in your SYNC Account on SYNCMyRide.com. If you've had the Cooling Fan Customer Satisfaction Program performed on your Explorer, the update will be under the UPDATES tab. If you haven't had it done, you'll have to go to your dealer for your cooling fans first.

Rebecca

Did the main Menu Quadrant still there in this new upgrade?????

Please advise...

Arrrrrrrr... Thanks...

But we got the temp. back!!!

Hey... Golden Bronze. Isn't it a great color. Our interior has black with pecan inserts.
Wifes choice of course.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeppppp excellent color and shiny... Well i didn't go with the Pecan but i loved the look...

Back