New MFT's customer install USB-drive shipment thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New MFT's customer install USB-drive shipment thread

GregV8

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
This may have been posted elsewhere, so feel free to yank this thread, but.
What's the ETA on those USB sticks that Ford was supposedly going to send all MFT customers in "early 2012"?
Have they released some? Has anyone got it yet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seriously??????

Nothing yet... and in my opinion don't wait on any pre-announcement from Ford. My guess, much like an Apple product.... it will just show up. Ford may announce just prior to shipping but I would look NO PLACE other than this board for the most current info. With so many of us waiting, as soon as anything happens (announcement or USB arrival), it will show up here pronto. Oh and it will be at the top (and remain so) of the threads

Production of the 2013 MY has already begun.

Units being produced now will have the new software installed during assembly so if you can get it in your 2013 when its delivered shortly, the mail out should not be far behind.

Units being produced now will have the new software installed during assembly so if you can get it in your 2013 when its delivered shortly, the mail out should not be far behind.

2013 Taurus? Because I thought that was the vehicle that Ford referenced as to when it would come out. Spring sometime...

Maybe I'm jaded but I fully expect Ford to miss the Q1 mark for this. My guess is late April. I hope that I'm wrong.

We don't know for sure the 2013 is shipping with the new sw.

my local dealer said they should have software it mid march. he said i should get a usb in the mail around that time too (according to the guys he speaks to above them) but if i just wanted them to do it i could call by and have them install it.

he's been reliable with this stuff in the past when i comes to dates and nfo etc so fingers crossed

Care to wager?

Lol, its a bet I would love to lose:). I don't have many issues with mft, so if it doesn't come out by the end of march, I won't be too disappointed. Although I am a sucker for new software on all my gadgets.

I experienced my first MFT issue today. Started the truck and it took about 5 minutes for the system to start powering up. When it did it had a message stating it was performing a maintenance update. Anyone else seen this message?

Anyone else seen this message?

LOL, that is like asking if the sky is blue! Seriously, that is basically MFT taking out the trash and straightening up the house.

Try to use navigation when you need it most, you will then have issues!

Hit the nail on the head!

Once a week or so my MFT locks up when I turn off the car too. Sometimes even the radio stays on even after the car is shut off and I have to start the car and try again... weirdest thing yet.

When it works right I love it but then I get that rude awakening soon thereafter that it still sucks! :D

I am so anxious for the upgrade so I can enjoy this car the way I always hoped before I got it and the way it was the first couple months before the rude awakening.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, all!

The upgrade will be out soon. I can't speculate on the time frame or give an exact date yet but I will be sure to post more information once I get it :)

I experienced my first MFT issue today. Started the truck and it took about 5 minutes for the system to start powering up. When it did it had a message stating it was performing a maintenance update. Anyone else seen this message?

Wilkinda65,

The maintenance screen means the system is rebooting. Here's a thread that has more info on the reboots:

http://explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2826508&postcount=10

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

Back