Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
Mustang GT Concept

Ford Motor Co. vice president of design J Mays stands next to the Mustang GT
Coupe Concept at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit,
Sunday, Jan. 5, 2003. (AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)

I love it!! Looks like an update to a '67 Fastback. Finally a Mustang that looks like a "Real" Mustang!

Attachments

• mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 403

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmmm, well..., it certainly is different. It looks a lot like a foreign sports car. I like it.

Hmmm, I love Mustangs, but there is something "new BMW ish" (which I am not a fan of) about those headlights/front end......

I'd like it better if the front was flat and not "V" shaped, but it does look alright.

i like it alot:confused: if they build that one with over 300 hp like they are claiming to have in the works and in the same price range as the current stangs it will be a huge success.

btw- it looks like a cross between the 67 and an aston martin to me from the front, while the rear is pure updated stang but both look great!

I love it

Depending how much it costs, I would sell the X and get one of these or just keep the X and get one heck, I need a winter truck anynow:D

i hate it, looks too much like a Jaguar XK8, the hood scoops dont even look to be anywhere near functional, and the wheelbase is way short......ground clearance also seems to possibly be an issue, it looks like that car sits 3-4" at max off the ground, potholes would be its worst enemy

EDIT: and how the hell do they try and pull off an older looking styled guage cluster when the outside of the car is futuristic looking?

ok, i may be dumb, but im not stupid :rolleyes: i guess it doesnt look like an XK8 but there is a car that looks similar

Attachments

• l_mustang-gt-f.jpg
    l_mustang-gt-f.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 391

its the aston martin

I cant really tell but does it have a glass roof? Are they all coming like that?

this is also just a concept car, how many concept cars actually make it into production? some do but certainly not all

personally, i really like it. however, i just dont believe thats what the "final draft" is gonna look like. it may be similar, but lets face it, car companies are well known for showing us awesome prototypes and then "dumbing" them down for the masses. i know, i know, everyone says this is the final draft, but...

i'll believe it when i see it.

Looks an updated version of this to me :D . I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it is equipped as well as it looks.

Dead Link Removed

The front isnt enough liek the old muscle cars, they shold have pretty much duplicated it exactly, it is too skinny, and it looks like an Austin Martin.

Motor trend has an article on it. I just got done reading it(although i remember nothing:rolleyes: ) I doo like the look of it. And the performance. I did remember one thing from the article saying that it might get the 4.0L SOHC V6 from the explorer for the V6 models in the first year. It seems that Ford is switching over to flatter front vehicles. or is that just me?

New Mustang prototype!! (Drool)

I want one!!!

Drivetrain layout Front engine, rear-wheel drive
Engine type 90-degree MOD V-8, cast-iron block, aluminum heads, belt-driven supercharger with liquid-to-air intercooler
Valve gear DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
Bore/stroke, in/mm 3.55 x 3.54/90.2 x 90
Displacement, in/mm 280.8 / 4,601
Compression ratio 8.5:1
Horsepower @ rpm 400 @ 6,000 (estimated)
Torque @ rpm 390 @ 3,500
Redline, rpm 6,500
Transmission 6-speed manual (coupe)
5-speed automatic (convertible)
Axle ratio 3.55:1
Final-drive ratio 2.24:1
Chassis
Brakes Brembo 13.8-in vented disc
Wheels (front)
(rear) 20 in x 8.5 in aluminum
20 in x 9.5 in aluminum
Tires (front)
(rear) 245/40ZR20 BFGoodrich g-force T/A
275/35ZR20 BFGoodrich g-force T/A

Attachments

• gtconcept1_1024-a.jpg
    gtconcept1_1024-a.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 357

Attachments

• gtconcept4_1024-a.jpg
    gtconcept4_1024-a.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 348

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back