• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

NEW Mustang Mach 1

TPLYNCH

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brewster, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLS
Just saw in Blue Oval News that Job 1 Production was approved for the new Mustang MACH 1! I am absolutely GIDDY!:bounce:

I'll just have to wait a little longer to get my new Stang :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

TPLYNCH

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brewster, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLS
OK, now I'm really psyched! Check out these pictures at Stangnet. Brings back memories of my '69 and '70. I like the Bullitt, but this is even sweeter! Fords got a buyer in me. http://www.stangnet.com/mach1/mach1.html

Now, if I could just hit Lotto......

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Levittown, NY (Long Island)
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
pretty cool, but i dont like that color scheme.

spiper

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
I must have me one of those. If the Devil reads this, my soul is for sale.:D

RON COX

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 X, 4 dr. & 03 Ranger
Ford did an unveiling of the 360R here in Vegas. Pretty sweet car, but 50k? I don't think so.

Lifted95X

The Xplorer U Luv to H8
Reaction score
City, State
EASTPOINTE, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 4.6 Mounty
The real "MACH 1" is not a build up of an existing car...It's a whole new redesign....thunderbird ring a bell.

2001gtboy

Reaction score
City, State
Stateboro, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 GT, 48 CJ2a
The Mach 1 is technically supposed to be a built up Cobra. With such classic looks, and features as the classic Mach 1 Shaker Hood Scoop........

I like it, but id take the 03 Cobra.

2001ExpSport

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
I'd rather have a Cobra or Saleen...

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
i like it, but why does it only have 3.27 gears?
i thought it would at least have 3.73 (or 4.11)

2001gtboy

Reaction score
City, State
Stateboro, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 GT, 48 CJ2a
if they go with an over agressive gear ratio, they could piss people off. im sure a bunch of people will want to get their Mach 1s blown, turboed, or NOSed, and even with 3.73s the ugly traction monster stick his head out everynow and then. It would probably piss peope if they had to go down the ratio ladder because of traction problems, im not defending them. just explaining the way i see it, although the 3.27s allowed for better gas mileage. even though most people buying a V8 usually aren't worried about that :) i can't wait to get my 4.10s

TPLYNCH

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brewster, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLS
The latest specs I saw were 3.55:1, so maybe they are compromising. I'm gonna try and hit the show here in NY to get an up close and personal look, as well as grab as much info I can. I can't wait till this fall, just wish Silver was one of the colors they were using (it's not :mad: )

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
also remember that a 3.27 in a stang moves it a lot faster than a 3.27 in an X.... my point is: whenever i read mustang magazines people always write in and say i want more acceleration...all the mags say put in a 3.55 and if you are really extreme put in 3.73.....