New Navajo Truggy build | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Navajo Truggy build

Gas tank mount / skid plate (Removable)

I was very busy this weekend. Finished the gas tank mount. It bolts on top of the frame with 4- 1/2" bolts. The tubing wraps around the gas tank and mounts just above the axle at a nice angle. Check out the build pics.

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rear cross member / Pintle Hook thing. Gotta check this out

Here are the pics to the rear cross member. It is completely removable.. Mounts with 8 - 1/2" bolts. Pintle Hook is welded to the tubing.
This looks like a good place for some dimple dies.

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

Fenders??

From all of my trial and errors I had two pieces of tubing that I was able to use. I guess you would call these fenders. Might span some of this with dimple died sheet metal or riveted S.S

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

where are the mud flaps going to go?
are you going to make removable fenders to make it street legal?

where are the mud flaps going to go?
are you going to make removable fenders to make it street legal?

Mud Flaps
I've been thinking of making a removable mud flap to keep the cops at bay. The cops I've drove by so far just give me thumbs up:thumbsup:

the danger to me is not the local sheriffs who know my vehicle. it is the CHP down in the city. make me removable with rollup mud flaps so you can take them off when you get to the trail head

Looks 100 times better then before, keep it up.

great looking ride :thumbsup:

sometime in the future i'd like to start planning a chop top for my sport like what you've done but i wanted to know how much headroom there is? like is there enough room for more than a little kid?

All that work and factory shackles :rolleyeyes: looks good man, makes me miss mine ;)

this has to be the greatest build i have seen! keep up the good work. cnt wait to se the finished product, and to see it on some trails. how much u gonna charge me to build me 1? lol

Wow!!!!!!!!

I know you have had to been given some compliments but WOW that has to be the sweetest trail truck I've seen on here yet.Keep up the great work and keep posting pics

Back half cage continued

Since I had the bright idea of making things removable I needed a removable connection point.

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

Custom Battery box for my blue top Optima

This will probably go above the gas tank in between the rear hatch and the spare tire. Right in the center. I'm not 100% sure it will fit. I have made some slight changes to the rear tubing and will show that progress later. Here are a lot of pictures for a little battery box.
I had some poor quality SS in my shop. It welds very good with standard mig wire. I say its very poor SS because my magnet will stick to it. It also seem to be somewhat brittle because these dotted cuts were designed to bend here. Instead all of them broke.

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

BADASS!! loving the chopped sport. Im very much licking your radius arm beef with the new coil mounts.

Keep up the great work!!

More cage work

I finally had a chance to work on the Navajo today.
I made the mount for the batterey box. I was going to weld it directly to the gas tank mount but then I couldnt get the optima out.

IMG_1297-1.jpg

So I make it removable

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

Started on the cage. I'm filling in the area next to the spare tire with 4 round L.E.D's. Hopefully if all goes right, it should have a menacing look to it. Kind of like the Chevy Camaros tail lights.:frustrate

IMG_1299-1.jpg

IMG_1302-1.jpg

IMG_1305-1.jpg

IMG_1306-1.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1311-1.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1313-1.jpg

IMG_1314-1.jpg

I could look at the pics of your work All Day!!!

Thanks for the support guys.

I'm just glad I picked a style and went with it. I don't think I could've started over again.

Luckily I have used a lot of the tubing from the previous attempts at the cage.

Cage continued

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

Here I made it so all parts tie together.

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

I should be able to put some serious hours to this thing this weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back