New Offer for those interested in a SAS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Offer for those interested in a SAS

CoryL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
I will cover the cost of all steel, welding, brackets, etc.

All you need to provide is the axle, leaf springs, steering links and steering box. If you can't gat them, I will get them for you as cheaply as I can. Things like wheels, tires, brakelines, shocks, etc are up to you as well.

Labor cost = $0.

Once again, I need a 2nd Gen 4wd Explorer or 98+ Ranger for a month to do this to.

So who is up for it now?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DAMN...this is tempting!!

you have loaner vehicle??haha.

You're too far away. =(

how far is it to louisville from CT and when. I am going to CO during my semester break to ski and I could drive there and fly out of KY and the pick it up, if you tink it will make it back that far. Also you said that you wantedit nov 9-dec9. my break is mid dec to mid jan. Hmm probably isnt going to work b/c of hte distance and timing but if you havent gotten anyone by summer you can have mine then.
Gary

hey

Hey man,
I'm interested and I PM'ed you also,
Kendal

Geez Cory, my last gamble turned out great with you. If it was next summer sometime, you'd have my truck in a heart beat!

Happy trails!!

Cory, you found anyone willing yet? My wife came up here after that last post and she said maybe, just need to get a parts list and some prices.

Happy trails!!

13 hours isnt horrible. What would you say as an estimate price with D44s I dont know if I would go D60 but what did you have in mind? Price not including tires wheels shocks or gears. I dont thinkI could find axles with the right gears in them. What size tire would you think? Thanks
Gary

edit: do you have time from mid dec to mid jan

Originally posted by Rx4phun
13 hours isnt horrible. What would you say as an estimate price with D44s I dont know if I would go D60 but what did you have in mind? Price not including tires wheels shocks or gears. I dont thinkI could find axles with the right gears in them. What size tire would you think? Thanks
Gary

edit: do you have time from mid dec to mid jan

Leafs or coils makes the difference.

It is entirely up to you. Tire size is based off axle choice.

Also, the first person to contact me about this is the one benefitting from my offer.

So if you want to do the SAS, it won't be for free anymore. :confused:

I'll still work out a fair price though.

Well, it looks like Morrisey is the one!!!

He contacted me first and gave the thumbs up to the plan.

Look to have it completed in December sometime, January at the latest (Holidays mean family obligations out of state).

HP D30 with leaf springs!!!!

Congrats Robb.

After I am done with his, I will be offering leaf spring SAS kits where all you supply is the axle, the steering box and some work.

cool! glad someone was able to take advantage of the offer! talk about a great deal! :chug:

damn, that was an amazing offer, oh well maybe I will win the lotto tomorrow and then SAS for everyone

Congrats Robb. I was going to call you last night Cory, but i wasn't able! I was going to have you do it for me! Damn, oh well.

Happy trails!!

Damn it! If it falls throught let me know! I'll get the shtuff and come down for a few days or whatever and help do mine :D , but if not I'll be getting my stuff ready this winter and doing it myself next spring.

Whoevers you do, would you mind if I came down one day for a little bit whiley ou are doing it and check it out? Maybe towards the end?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am curious are you going to put together a kit for the second gen X"s that are wanting to do a SAS or just provide parts ?

Reason I ask is because I am interested in doing a SAS on my 97 sport wonced the money situation settles down a little.

Back