New order placed 3/1/11!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New order placed 3/1/11!!

Jabber49

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit MI
Hey guys long time lurker finally chiming in.

I ordered my '11 Limted 4WD 302A in Red Candy Metallic and light stone interior on 3/1/11...of course i havent hear anything yet as it has only been a week.

I went with the trailer package, dual bucket rear seats, roof rack bars, and splash guards.

I am planning on ordering husky liners for extra protection...anyone heard anything about a 3rd row floor mat from husky?

Anyone else order one around the time I did?

Excited and impatiently waiting!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered mine the same day, Silver/Charcoal Black Limited 4WD 302a, moon roof, splash guards, etc. Next Monday will be 2 weeks so I plan on asking them then whats up. They said 6-8 weeks.

I ordered almost the same on 2/28. I hope to get a build data soon.

I ordered my limited on Feb 22 ,waiting for a build date as well . I saw on another thread that someone ordered his on Feb 11 and got in on the March 14 build,using the same time line I am hoping to get in on a March 25 build. If that were the case both me and my truck will have the same birth date.

I just got an email from my dealer that says I have a VIN number (45983) and it should be here by the first week in April

That was fast

now that i have a VIN what can I do with it...how can i tell what the build date is going to be...were are you getting all of your information about this?

I just got an email from my dealer that says I have a VIN number (45983) and it should be here by the first week in April

That was fast

now that i have a VIN what can I do with it...how can i tell what the build date is going to be...were are you getting all of your information about this?

I am so jealous!! I ordered my on 01/31 and I still haven't receieved a VIN number yet! There is another thread on here that's called "How to get my window sticker" if you look it up it will have your build date on there. I am sure someone else will be able to explain it better than I can.

Got a build week of 3/21 for my limited...when can I expect the window sticker to become available...this week or next?

Has anybody added the bug shield or vent visors to their Ex...does it look good or should I forget them

Got a build week of 3/21 for my limited...when can I expect the window sticker to become available...this week or next?

Has anybody added the bug shield or vent visors to their Ex...does it look good or should I forget them

I'm working on finding somewhere locally to order them. In fact, I can't even find anywhere online to order them besides paying the double prices Ford charges.

Hey guys long time lurker finally chiming in.

I ordered my '11 Limted 4WD 302A in Red Candy Metallic and light stone interior on 3/1/11...of course i havent hear anything yet as it has only been a week.

I went with the trailer package, dual bucket rear seats, roof rack bars, and splash guards.

I am planning on ordering husky liners for extra protection...anyone heard anything about a 3rd row floor mat from husky?

Anyone else order one around the time I did?

Excited and impatiently waiting!

Some of you must know someone?? HAHA! I ordered basically the same as some of you; Plat. Ltd, 302A, rr buckets & console, moon, rack bars, tow, 20" polish'd, and mats. Ordered on 2/12 and received VIN from salesman & build date (3/28) from Seni today. NOW HOW LONG?? Seems to be the stumbling block??

Called my dealer today, still no VIN! They will try again on Friday....Damn, feels like I got left back! :rolleyes:

We ordered ours on 12/31/10. We were told ETA the week of 2/21. Then we were told it was 'In Transit' the week of 2/28. It is now 3/14 and it is still not here. Anyone have suggestions (our dealer can't get anything from his 'buyer') on how I can find where it is?

Jabber49- You beat my order by a couple days. I also ordered the 2011 Limited 4WD 302A in Red Candy Metallic and but with the black interior on 3/12/11. I grabbed every option available: trailer package, dual bucket rear seats, roof rack bars, and splash guards, but skipped the DVD headrests (for now).

dealer ordered mine on 3/8/11; went there tonight to sign some paperworks. the salesperson told me they had the partial VIN? and mine should be there by end of April, he projected.

That was fast

Jabber49,

It looks like you have already figured out that you can contact me! You can also look up your window sticker using the following web address:

To view or print a copy of your original window label, enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) after the equal sign at the end of the web address, "http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=" then copy and paste the entire URL without quotation marks into your internet browser.

Enjoy!

Seni

Build day is supposed to be 3/24 so by some of the other post my window sticker should be available tommorrow

I already ordered the full husky package with the front and second row, the extended rear coverage with the 3rd row down and the well coverage for the space behind the 3rd seat...should be here tomorrow

You are going to LOVE the color :)

Called my dealer today, still no VIN! They will try again on Friday....Damn, feels like I got left back! :rolleyes:

gdecamp,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. If you send me your dealer code and order number I can look into this further for you. Please send it through a PM. Thank you.

Seni

gdecamp,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. If you send me your dealer code and order number I can look into this further for you. Please send it through a PM. Thank you.

Seni

Wow, thank you very much! I will get that info after work and send it to you. That is very nice of you!!! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Joined the window sticker club today...build date 3/24

My dealer also told me that the eta is 3/28 and I can get it 3/29

I know its a long shot but I am crossing my fingers...that would be order to delivery in 28 days...maybe the production is speeding up or they just take care of Detroit residents

Back