New owner of a 95 Sport 5 speed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New owner of a 95 Sport 5 speed

CannonBall

Reaction score
Have a couple issues to fix.

Drivers side door lock and lock the doors but unlock does not work.

Window control on drivers and passengers side do not work.

Overhead lamps, glove box and underhood lamp do not work yet when I replace fuse 27 with another 15amp fuse it instantly pops, I'm expecting a short but not sure where to start.

I searched and have tried some of the items on past experience but couldn't find a thread where someone has *all* of my electrical symptoms.

Any guidance before I start ripping into things would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

congrads cannon but that sux bout ur x with all those things not working on it

I have no complaints, I bought the car for really cheap from my Brother In law who is moving and needed to get rid of it.

Everything else works really well, brakes, engine, tranny, AC and everything else are in great condition.

cannon u got pics of it

Sounds like you have a problem with the GEM. Its behind the radio to the left. I'd check all the wiring and see if some insulation got rubbed off. It may just need to be replaced. I don't think there is a good way to test it without swapping it though.

Do I have to take out the radio to get to the GEM? My cruise control also doesn't work on the steering wheel.

I've spent a couple hours tracing wires and trying to find the short or whatever keeps blowing Fuse #27, it's kind of funny, #27 *instantly* pops when I put a new one in, not over an amount of time just, instantly. I might take it to a shop soon if I can't resolve it.

Back