new parts!!

offroader_69_me

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trinidad, Crawlorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
I recently made a post looking for a radiator, after no luck I ordered one from Radiator.com for 163 even cheaper than what my boss could get thru any parts place within a hundred miles, at his cost! Next day it was here, with there free next day air shipping thru fedex, it actually made it to my little town on time! I put it in that night and all is well. It was a modine rad. which is a very good brand, it was a new not rebuilt one too, which surprised me, anyone looking for a rad i strongly suggest this place!
Then I decided to tackle my oil leak, which had progressivly gotten worse, I used to only lose about a quart of oil between changes, the last time though i was adding my third quart, when i had enough, the next day i went to ford and got my gaskets that night i tackled the job! It was rather interesting, for someone who has only been mechanicing for a little under a year, with no schooling or anything fancy, I was proud to say that it was accomplished, not too easily but it was done, and guess what it has been almost two weeks and no leaks, damn oil is still on the full line, not the fill line!!! With the gaskets, the radiator, the new headlights, lenses not bulbs, coming next week, the t-case rebuilt about two months ago, the tranny a year and a half ago, my old 91 is starting to resemble something new, lol. but we still now the old tune: This old horse she aint what she used to be... engine power will be adressed sometime in the not too distant future! Any one have a good 302 laying around anywhere??????????????????????????
Marshall

Fun isnt it? Something about fixing your own stuff I get a kick out of... better watch out though... youll get the bug... and next thing you know, youve dropped a grand or so... to do a head swap just for fun.

nick

Ive been a shadetree for about 6 months, nothing major *yet* but I do need to address some little things. Congrats on your radiator job!

Back