New Photoshop Version Out! | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

New Photoshop Version Out!

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Check this out!

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/main.html

It's Photoshop CS (8.0)

The cool thing with this one is theres a color matching tool.

Say Alaskan Jack puts two chicks into one image of his truck. Well this tool will automatically match their skin tones so it'll look like they belong with one another. :chug:

Do you have this yet, jasonb?!

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
Got it off newsgroups a few days back. Still kick ass as always, haven't found new features yet though. Do you know the name of the color matching thing?

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
It's called "Match Color". Probably under Image or Filters.

So.. uh.. what Newsgroups are you viewing these days?

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
edit by jasonb: PM husky if you want to know. we can't aide the process of finding bootleg copies on this site.

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
Yeah, it's hard finding torrents sometimes though. I messed around in Photoshop today, and noticed there's a Filter Explorer, where you can see what a bunch of filters will do to your image in one window. Very cool! I also got some FlamingPear plugins with this, much better than Eyecandy and KPT IMO.

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
Originally posted by section525
Do you have this yet, jasonb?!

no.. and i don't plan on getting it. i have seen little use for its upgrade. the lack of real extra features looks like it should be a point upgrade (7.0.5) than a full release. i thought it was kinda lame. plus.. i don't like the fact that they making it difficult to run multiple installations and going the "you can only install it X number of times" thing. i have a work copy on my machine at home, and on 2 computers here at work. that's 3 installs minimum from the one source disk. i don't see this as illegal because i am the only one that uses it, so there is only 1 copy running at any given time and its always being used by me and only me. i use the home computer when i work from home every so often. i'll stick with v7 for a while i'm sure. color match is not important enough for me to do this upgrade.

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
There's more than just that. I guess you're talking about the activation (copying M$). As with all of them, there's an easy way around this, just gotta replace a couple files.

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
yes i know that.. but i BUY it for work. you have to do stuff by the books when its with a business or you can get in lots of trouble. we don't need lots of trouble right now. :)

for my industry, i don't see the justification for much of its new features.

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
Yeah I understand. I would only do this for home use.

Howard

Moderator Elite Explorer
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Milton Keynes
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 SOHC UK SPEC
Piracy is piracy whether for home use or work. If you want the program then buy it. If the terms of the software do not allow concurrents installations then that counts as piracy or theft if you prefer. We all know that it goes on but we do not condone it or anyone involved in it.

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
I ordered them both through skoo.. (PS and Ill) $99 a piece. :cool: