New pics....lowered, 20's, aviator mirrors, etc... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New pics....lowered, 20's, aviator mirrors, etc...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pushing 50K now, bought it with a little under 20

Roof racks.....you just pop off the end caps, then there is 2 bolts under them, there is also 2 bolts in the middle of the rack as well, can't remember how that came off though. Just play with it, you'll get it. Then I just reinstalled the bolts and put touch up paint on them to match the X. This way no water leaks in.

What are you left with on the top? The bolt is going down or what? Anyone have a picture of the top of the EX with the rack removed?

What are you left with on the top? The bolt is going down or what? Anyone have a picture of the top of the EX with the rack removed?

some of my of my pics:

S7000309.jpg

S7000311.jpg

I have the center bolts left on both sides. After removing the screws at the ends of the racks, you have to slide the entire rack backwards and pull up to detach it from these center bolts. I painted them to hide it a little bit. Only visible when up close the truck.

some of my of my pics:

S7000309.jpg

S7000311.jpg

I have the center bolts left on both sides. After removing the screws at the ends of the racks, you have to slide the entire rack backwards and pull up to detach it from these center bolts. I painted them to hide it a little bit. Only visible when up close the truck.

OK. Cool. I guess I'm going to do that one - looks pretty good - better than before and I seriously doubt I'm ever going to use it, + it's supposed to give you a little better mileage... My Ex is the same model as yours. Going to remove that, get a grill, clears up front & the KKM, I guess...Damn, I want those running boards or the ones Aaron has.

Dave

Please let me know how the KKM goes.I only have a K&N drop inon mine. Show some pics of your X when you have the grills..shopping for one as well.

When you put the Aviator mirrors on did you have to run a new wire for the turn signal flasher in the mirror? Or was it factory wired for it?

Had to run a seperate wire for it. I used the Explorer harness for everything, the aviator wiring won't work on the explorers because of the turn signal

asimp, very nice! I'm personally not into the whole lowered thing, but your truck's really clean! :thumbsup:

I've got a silver '05, and I'm gonna have to do some of these things when i get the cash. Aviator mirrors are definitely the first thing (some idiot smashed one of my mirrors in a parking lot, so it doesn't work right and has to be replaced anyways)... did the guy that explorer4x493 recommended sell you mirrors with signals for that price, or were the signals extra? And how much work was it to wire that up, since the X and Aviator harnesses don't match?

Thanks for the compliments! I bought the mirrors from a friend on another web site. I have a limited Explorer, so my mirrors were already heated. So I used my Explorer harness, then just ran the wire for the turn signal

Got the scoop off Ebay, its the same scoop that they use on the mustangs from 99-04. Bryan....I am debating a super charger!

Very nice Aaron, I just bought the same scoop of eBay, did you glue it, or bolt it?? Does it make any howling noises? did you block the opening, I'm thinking of making a fake cover or something if not all we have is a air trap.

Great truck buddy, enjoy.

Actually I just put the scoop on with 3M double sided tape. I plan on molding it into the hood at some point, but for right now it works just fine. The front of the scoop has a black plastic piece on there. And no, I do not hear any noises or howling

Nice ride........ Pesonally what makes it pop for me is the scoop. It makes it look really aggressive. Im gonna eventually put a scoop on mine but after the under the hood goodies go in. But again......... Nice Ride.

Want to sell it? ;) I'm looking for a LTD to make into a similar project. Nice work, very clean. -Eric

For the right price.....everything is for sale

nice x u got there asimp it looks awesome

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, took a lot of time and money LOL!

Back