NEW Pictures of ilikedellcomputers ride!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEW Pictures of ilikedellcomputers ride!!!

Hey everybody, I had a little spare time yesterday, so I took a few snapshots of my kick ass Explorer! Please post any comments or questions that you might have!

Regards,

Peter

Dead Link Removed
Before

Dead Link Removed
After! Notice the black taillights, the window visors, no roof rack, and the simple rear window; just a white Ford logo.

Dead Link Removed
Before

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
My new NR Auto White Face Gauges!! Real easy to install, a little hard to calibrate the speedometer.

Dead Link Removed
Before

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
After! My K&N Drop in Air filter modified to work without the air box.

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
Pictures of my new hood scoop!! Right now it's not attached to the hood, and it's needs to be primed and painted and then moulded to the hood! When I finally get around to getting someone to install it, it should look pretty nice!

Dead Link Removed
This is a picture of my dancing neon beam (just above the deck), it dances to the bass! That control near the steering wheel controls how fast the light flashes, etc, etc, etc.

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
These are some pictures, which are kinda dark (sorry), of my Clarion CD Changer.

Dead Link Removed
Good ole` 4.0L OHV V6 engine, works hard, gets treated like a gem!

Dead Link Removed
Before

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
After! My new side markers! I think they look pretty cool!! I put a orange light inside, don't want to attract attention having a blue bulb in there! That kinda sucks.. but oh well, kinda looks like an egg!

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
A few pictures of the inside of my car, notice the totally stylin (LOL) Ford Motorsports seat belt pads!

Dead Link Removed
Before

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
After! I now have a much better radar detector then the previous one I had, and second, the install is much, much cleaner, everything is hardwired to the electronic mirror!

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
Just a few snapshots of my blue neon, I should probably get some more, since neon is like the best invention!

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
Some pictures of my strobe lights located in my taillights. I have to take multiple shots of the strobes because they flash so fast, and my digital camera can't handle that. As for the pics of the install, they, unfortunately, aren't installed as clean as I would have liked!

Dead Link Removed
I had to throw this picture in because, well, I am a sap when it comes to nature photos and such!!

Again, I hope everyone enjoyed my newest pictures of my Ford Explorer Limited 1995! On a side note, my Explorer will be going into the muffler shop tomorrow (Tuesday) to cut out the "cats" and install brand new 2 1/4 piping, along with a 2 1/2 inch stainless steel tip, and of course, a single in, single out Flowmaster 40 Series muffler! Bid me good luck, I will post pics tomorrow night!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sharp Explorer... I need to get those white-face gages, they look cleaner than the dark stock.

Hmmm.. I never thought about a neon right there... I might just have to steal that idea from ya :)

Nice car... keep the mods coming!

WOW!! Thats amazing man!! I really like what youve done to your car!!

Question...in your "before" gauges picture...didn't you alrady change the stock guages...i know mine dosent go up to 200MPH...also, how fast is your car??

Secondly, GET MORE NEONS!!! hehe, your car would look good with them.

Nice pics, put more up like you said! id be interested to see them!

Carl

LOL, Carl my car doesn't go 200 MPH, I live in Canada, up here we use the KM system! So in actuality, my car can supposedly do 200 KPH (Kilometers per Hour), but I have only been as fast as about 158KPH!! LOL, so that means I have only changed my gauges once, from factory to NR White Gauges!

Regards,

Peter

Ohhhhh :) Haha..i was like "wow, that car must be fast!" Hehe...oh well

Carl

Fan-freakin-tastik!!!

By the way, what kind of side-marker lights are those and how can I get those?

-AC

thats a great looking truck. lots of custom mods there. im all about custom stuff. white face gauges came out great, but just out of curiousity, when you took the pics of the gauges why were you sitting in neutral in the first pic and in 1st gear for the other? :) keep up the nice custom work.

Originally posted by tbomb
just out of curiousity, when you took the pics of the gauges why were you sitting in neutral in the first pic and in 1st gear for the other?

Hi tbomb, thanks for the complements; I love doing custom work to my truck, it gives me something to look forward too on the weekend and weeknights, and it makes the truck look great! As for the picture being taken in "N" and "1", I am not sure why I did that, maybe because in the "After" pic, I didn't want to have the gear shifter in the picture!

:)

Regards,

Peter

Originally posted by ACBlessing
Fan-freakin-tastik!!!

By the way, what kind of side-marker lights are those and how can I get those?

-AC

Hi ACBlessing! Here in Calgary, there is a local place by the name of Impressions Auto Designz, and that's where I bought those sidemarkers, good price, decent service, and ok location. Those sidemarkers that I got are considered to be "generic", almost like the blue brand boxes at grocery stores. I picked them up for about 20 bucks each CDN.

Regards,

Peter

Awesome truck dude..

Where did you get the "dancing" neon?

It goes with the beat of the music right? :)

Thanks!

Hi Quick, thanks for the complements! Yes the dancing neon bulb does go with the beat of the music, I picked the lights up at the same place I got the sidemarkers, a local place here in Calgary called Impressions Auto Designz!

Regards,

Peter

If anyone interested, I have 2 interior neons for sale. One 10" and one 15". They are green in color. Thanks

Where did you get hose seat belt pads from!?!!? Those are bad ass!

thanks!

Quick question.........did you paint the D pillars black or did it come from the factory that way?

I like the way Yukon's have plastic grills on their D pillars and wish the aftermarket would make that for Xs

Originally posted by Mr. MuD
Where did you get hose seat belt pads from!?!!? Those are bad ass!

thanks!

Thanks man, I like the seatbelt pads a lot, so soft and comfy.. I just wanna snuggle.. umm.. opps, sorry, getting a little side tracked! LOL

I bought those seatbelt pads here in Calgary at a place called "Canadian Western Ford Motorsports". They supply everything Ford, mostly Mustang stuff, but they can order anything Explorer! I am sure you can buy them at any "high performance" car shop where you live, there not too expensive!

Regards,

Peter

Neon Tubes

Hey What are you askin' for those neon tubes? And what Brand are they? You can e me at dodgerr@hotmail.com.

we are installing tubes #8 and #9 in the car this week, in addition to the rest of the set i think a 10 or 15 or both would look really good. Let me know a price, thanx

dodgerr

right on..

thats a nice explorer man. itl look sick with the hood scoop on there.
only one bit of advice for you...... i have the same k&N cone filter as you. put it back in the air box, trust me. the way those stock ayatems are set up it pulls cold air from near the bumper. just put the air box back on and get an ABS 90 and make a scoop behind your bumper leading up to the stock air box. the way you have it right now, you are sucking in hot air off the engine. and dont bother replaceing the filter with like the kkm filter becuase it will do the same thing(suck hot air in). the only time u want an exposed air filter is if u have it set up where the filter is in the fender and u have scoops for it.
but keep up the good work man. its a very nice truck.

lookin good man.. I must say your taillight tinting turned out GREAT! perhaps some GTS covers in the front would be a nice addition..

as far as the HUGE white scoop.. uummmm????

everythings lookin good man

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by ACBlessing
Quick question.........did you paint the D pillars black or did it come from the factory that way?

Hey man, I know this is going to be a dumb question because it probably so obvious, but what are D pillars?

Regards,

Peter

Back