NEW Pictures of ilikedellcomputers ride!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEW Pictures of ilikedellcomputers ride!!!

Hey everybody, I had a little spare time yesterday, so I took a few snapshots of my kick ass Explorer! Please post any comments or questions that you might have!

Regards,

Peter

Dead Link Removed
Before

Dead Link Removed
After! Notice the black taillights, the window visors, no roof rack, and the simple rear window; just a white Ford logo.

Dead Link Removed
Before

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
My new NR Auto White Face Gauges!! Real easy to install, a little hard to calibrate the speedometer.

Dead Link Removed
Before

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
After! My K&N Drop in Air filter modified to work without the air box.

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
Pictures of my new hood scoop!! Right now it's not attached to the hood, and it's needs to be primed and painted and then moulded to the hood! When I finally get around to getting someone to install it, it should look pretty nice!

Dead Link Removed
This is a picture of my dancing neon beam (just above the deck), it dances to the bass! That control near the steering wheel controls how fast the light flashes, etc, etc, etc.

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
These are some pictures, which are kinda dark (sorry), of my Clarion CD Changer.

Dead Link Removed
Good ole` 4.0L OHV V6 engine, works hard, gets treated like a gem!

Dead Link Removed
Before

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
After! My new side markers! I think they look pretty cool!! I put a orange light inside, don't want to attract attention having a blue bulb in there! That kinda sucks.. but oh well, kinda looks like an egg!

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
A few pictures of the inside of my car, notice the totally stylin (LOL) Ford Motorsports seat belt pads!

Dead Link Removed
Before

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
After! I now have a much better radar detector then the previous one I had, and second, the install is much, much cleaner, everything is hardwired to the electronic mirror!

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
Just a few snapshots of my blue neon, I should probably get some more, since neon is like the best invention!

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
Some pictures of my strobe lights located in my taillights. I have to take multiple shots of the strobes because they flash so fast, and my digital camera can't handle that. As for the pics of the install, they, unfortunately, aren't installed as clean as I would have liked!

Dead Link Removed
I had to throw this picture in because, well, I am a sap when it comes to nature photos and such!!

Again, I hope everyone enjoyed my newest pictures of my Ford Explorer Limited 1995! On a side note, my Explorer will be going into the muffler shop tomorrow (Tuesday) to cut out the "cats" and install brand new 2 1/4 piping, along with a 2 1/2 inch stainless steel tip, and of course, a single in, single out Flowmaster 40 Series muffler! Bid me good luck, I will post pics tomorrow night!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re: right on..

mikeresin, thanks for the complements man, I appreciate them! As for the air box, hmm.. interesting, I didn't really think that it would be sucking in TOO much hot air! Why don't you e-mail me, and we will discuss this topic further, as I wish to "modify" my set-up that I have right now to allow more cool air into my engine compartment!

pskingle@home.com

Thanks,

Peter

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Originally posted by DarkFox1
Looking good man.. I must say your taillight tinting turned out GREAT! Perhaps some GTS covers in the front would be a nice addition..

as far as the HUGE white scoop.. ummmm????

Everything’s looking good man

Hmmmm.. I don't really know if I would like front black out's for my Explorer, I mean, aren't they a ***** in the night, are you able to still see your "blue" headlight bulbs through the black??

The hood scoop should look ok on my Explorer. I had it all measured out to the width and height of my hood, then I had it moulded to match the curve of my hood, so that it would fit perfect! All I need to do now it, get it prepped, primed, and painted, then I am having my body shop mould and blend it into the hood. In the end Darkfox1, I promise you it will look incredible!!

Regards,

Peter

Wow...talk about a small world!

Pete...

I didn't realize you lived in Calgary. I was just checking out your ride last night thinking "hey...that's sweet". So this evening, about 7:30pm I'm walking out of the Heritage London Drugs, and what do I see sitting in the parking lot? Holy shnite! Anyway, I just thought that was cool.

AMAZING

NICE CLEAN TRUCK
i must admit im a sucker for your truck. i have a 95 ltd too but in black. what really got me was your set up. almost just like mine. but not just. yours in nicer. plus its nice to see someone else aside from me in canada !
i have a suggestion about the neon thou. i have one too simmilar to yours (radius brand - looks like darth mauls light saber. not curved like some.) but i found that if you mount it on the bottom lip of the temp controls......just above the message center the light reflects and lights up the whole curved area of the temp center below the radio. it makes the light seem brighter and "more" i also placed mine there because cops in toronto aren't dont exactly like the falshing blue neon. try it out and see if you like it.
another thing i was just pondering this afternoon....was placing sum switchs in the ash try area. i dont smoke or use it so i was thinging of maybe doing so hidaway switches.......that module of yours could go in there.
i planning on getting a push button starter (if spend as much time at preformance stores as me im sure you know what i mean) and placing some of my fog light switches in there. now no one can start it execpt me ! hahahaha

i also wanted to know about you side markers....i was about to by a pair this afternoon but kinda got worried about putting them in.....did you do yours yourself ?
if so give me a shout at eguiyab@hotmail.com
so nice to see someone with the same ride !!! great job on the truck

Indeed it IS a small world!!

Originally posted by exploreraudio

Pete...

I didn't realize you lived in Calgary. I was just checking out your ride last night thinking "hey...that's sweet". So this evening, about 7:30pm I'm walking out of the Heritage London Drugs, and what do I see sitting in the parking lot? Holy Shiite! Anyway, I just thought that was cool.

LOL, holy Shiite is right!! So you saw my baby huh! Yah she is a little dirty right now, as you know it rained on Wednesday and well.. I just haven't been to the car wash (hand car wash that is, no machine is touching my Explorer)!! So you were in London Drugs at 7:30 eh? What were you buying? Reason I am asking is because.. well I work in the Audio/Video department part time, you know.. just to pay for things on the good ole` Explorer! Hope to hear from you as soon as possible, cause well.. this is kinda exciting!! LOL (I probably sound like a giddy schoolboy!)

Hell you might have even been one of my customers today!! Maybe you can pop in tomorrow to say “hi”; sometime between 5 and 10 PM would probably be best, since that's when I work! Anyway, talk to you later!

Regards,

Peter

ilikedellcomputers

side markers, and more fun!

Hey nice X,
mine has abouts the same miles as yours, white guages look killer, i have strobes sittin at home, just too lazy to put them in!
how did you mount the side markers? are they exterior mount, or did you have to drill, the wiring has to be drilled i know that but what about every thing else? I just wanna know cuz my friends selling a pair just like that, but they are blue LED's, any ways keep the mods coming!

yeh man like i was sayin, there is alot of cool things to do with your engine. what again have you done already to the engine?
if u havnt already, buy a new mass air sensor and a new throttle body and a new throttle body spacer. that buy its self willl add 15 horses. you could buy headers if u want to spend the money. DO NOT GET A CHIP
those do more harm then good. they mess up your computer. buy a hypertech reprogrammer
might wanna invest in a shift kit and a torque converter if u get into the higher ponies. if u want that thing to fly do all that and get DRY nitrous hooked up. dry nitous is good becuase it is not running all the time so it wont wear it down as much as a supercharger will. and dry nitrous isnt bad for your engine really. dont get wet nitrous, your car will be dead in a week if you do. i dont know how much u know about nitrous but they make it so when u hit the switch it doesnt come on until you floor it, and it turns off when your let off the gas.
i dunno man, thas what i would do. actually...... are there any smog laws in canada? if not i have a killer idea for ya wich i was gonna do to my car but becuasei live in california i cant....
lemme know about the smog laws. my e-mail is mike.musser@autodesk.com e-mail me if ya wanna know more about it
-mike

Side Marker Questions Answered!!

Originally posted by davesexplorer
How did you mount the side markers? Are they exterior mounted, or did you have to drill, the wiring has to be drilled I know that but what about every thing else?

For the side markers to be installed we had to drill a hole in the fender, we then had to splice into the existing wire which supplied power to the turn signals. From that point on, before we installed the "side markers" permanently, we painted the edges of the hole we drilled, so that rust wouldn't form, I then proceeded to install the "side markers" and well.. from that point on, we were done, and there you have it, "side markers" viola!

Regards,

Peter

Originally posted by mikeresin

Buy a new mass air sensor and a new throttle body and a new throttle body spacer!

DO NOT GET A CHIP!! Those do more harm then good. They mess up your computer!

If you want that thing to fly and all that, get DRY nitrous hooked up. Dry nitrous is good because it is not running all the time so it won’t wear it down as much as a supercharger will. And dry nitrous isn’t bad for your engine really. Don’t get wet nitrous, your car will be dead in a week if you do. I don’t know how much you know about nitrous but they make it so when you hit the switch it doesn’t come on until you floor it, and it turns off when your let off the gas!

- Mike

Will a new mass air sensor and a new throttle body and a new throttle body spacer really give me really that much of a power increase? I was thinking about it and well.. I have a V6, so how much air do I really need, let alone able to suck in at one time. Granted I can probably still help my engine to breathe better by changing a couple of things around, but a new mass air sensor, throttle body and throttle body space, is it really the next thing I should do?

Don't get a chip, how come, everyone I know who has them (specifically Super Chip) says that they are awesome and swear by them for noticeable power increases! Please inform me more in regards to this topic, I want to make sure I don't spend money were it will just get wasted!

Dry nitrous huh?! Sounds kinda iffy! Well.. I e-mailed you on this subject (I think, something about smog regulations or something)! Hope to hear back from you further about this "idea" of yours!

Regards,

Peter

Hey mikeresin, you still out there?

Regards,

Peter

ilikedellcomputers

Hey, Pete

Sorry I didn't make it over to LD to meet you the other night...I live on the other side of town, and I didn't have time to justify a special trip (no offense *grin*). Hey...do you guys sell digital cameras over there? I have decided that I am going to need one. Maybe I will come by and check 'em out!

ExplorerAudio

Hey, one more thing...

What's the deal with the line-up of Explorer back windows taken at Chinook Center? That's just a bunch of Explorers right there...

I got around to getting a pic of my new baby on my web server...here it is! (I have no idea how to post a URL on here, so I am going to try until it works...)

Dead Link Removed

ExplorerAudio

WOW!!

Hey man, yah at London Drugs we do sell digital cameras, speak to either Dan or Joe, experts when it comes to digital cameras!

As for your Explorer..... *Peter's Chin Drops to the Floor*, I must says that is one HOT looking Explorer!! We have to get together; I need to see that thing!!

Talk to you later, oh and thanks for responding to my e-mail!

Regards,

Peter

ilikedellcomputers

Peter, sorry I havent replied sooner, but I never got around to it. Great job bro! I especially like those tinted taillights. I bet you turn alot of heads around town. Personally I would get a type of spoiler or air deflector for the back above the 3rd light, I never have liked that spot on any Explorer. And I'd still like to know why on your fornt bumper it has the light green stripe around the top part like on the doors, ours is all the same color.

And that dry nitrous idea sounds tempting, but I bet its REALLY expensive considering how pricey regular NOS is. But I bet it would be interesting....

But keep up the good work Peter!

Originally posted by 95ExplorerLtd

Personally I would get a type of spoiler or air deflector for the back above the 3rd light; I never have liked that spot on any Explorer.

Why is it that on your front bumper it has the light green stripe around the top part like on the doors, ours is all the same colour!

Tell me, what would look better; a air deflector or a spoiler? Is there a difference, and which brand would you recommend! Money is no option, and I would like it in smoke and the best look possible, and I don't want it to look cheap!

Aww... the benefits of being Canadian, our cars are different! Oh yah.. that green stripe on the bumper, it adds 35-horse power!! LOL

Your Buddy,

Peter

ilikedellcomputers

Pillars are the metal columns that hold the roof up, usually referred to by letters starting with A at the windshield, B for the one between the doors (or behind the door on a 2-door), C for the one by the back window on a sedan, D for the one by the back window on an SUV or station wagon.

AC, pillars were black on Xs from about '93 through '97. My '93 XLT had black D pillars, and I've seen older ones with body-colored D pillars. My '98 XLT has body-colored ones also.

Well the one we have came on it from the factory I asume. I really doubt the woman who had it before us even changed the oil, much less purchased aftermarket stuff. Check out EGR, they have one that looks similar. I imagine you'll get alot of people who will say the Lund Windjammer, but I think too many people have them, I'd want something not many people had, but I'm not saying they dont look good, they look fine. If you can get hold of a Performance Products magazine they have one in there, I think its the only EGR deflector they have. As far the difference between spoiler and air deflector, I doubt theres much of a difference on our Explorers. Maybe on a car it would be different.

Originally posted by DarkFox1
Looking good man.. I must say your taillight tinting turned out GREAT! Perhaps some GTS covers in the front would be a nice addition..

Everything’s looking good man

Well Darkfox1, I actually put an order in for the GTS Smoke Headlight Covers two days ago, I should have them by Saturday at the latest, and Thursday by the earliest! I totally think they will look good!

On a side note, do you really, really, REALLY like your grill guard? I was thinking of getting one, but then thinking that it would be a clash of looks between "rugged" and "street". Drop me a line, I would love to chat with you!

Regards,

Peter

ilikedellcomputers

hey sorry it took so long to respond. but yeh dont get a chip. superchips are good if thas all you have, but with alot of other stuff it will mess up the computer. if i were you i would save your money then do all the mods at one time and take it to a dyno shop and have them reprogram all the mods into your comp and have em also boost your timeing and such. ima about to take my X in to get the heads ported and polished. when i do that (ive done alot of research) i wil be runnin with mustangs (14's and 15's in the 1/4) and after a while i am going to add an instacharger. becuase it willl make a much bigger difference with the heads ported when i put the supercharger on as if they wernt ported. haha with the super charger on i will be runnin high 12's. unfortunantly with the super charger i will also have to get a whole new rear end and have to do work to the tranny. but the finished product will rock. if you want a huge diff im power i reccomend gettin the heads ported and polished. cheaper than a supercharger. just dont get a chip.

So you think I should take my Xplorer to a dyno garage and get them to play around with my timing? Is that safe? Hell I know a fair bit about cars, and the number one rule of thumb usually states: "don't screw with the timing". But HEY, if adjusting the timing will give me more power, and make my 4.0L more efficient, I will sure as hell do it!

Regards,

Peter Skingle

ilikedellcomputers

Back