New plan for a 95 Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New plan for a 95 Explorer.

so here goes my plan feel free to express ur opinion. i was gonna do the usual tt and shackels as well a 3 in body lift. i was about to sign truck into shop doing it when i got a call a 79 ford f150 4x4 was for sale for 400 buck so ig ot to thinking hmm. well heres what im going to do im taking the body off the f150 and the explorer and gonna shrink the frame by couple inches and leave solid axle up front of f150 and make custom mounts for body on explorer. my buddy is goign the welding since he is a certitifed wleder and is great with frame work. while were are under there were also gonna box the frame for strength and building the motor right now its a bone stock 351m. so wish me luck as give me a hyperlink if this has been done before

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just buy mine it'll be easier lol.

Good luck on your Ex project! Im sure when its all said and done it will be one beefy rig! Post pictures along the way.

haha for the money i wish i could besides then it wouldnt be my tank i like. im gutting the interiors tommorow afternoon after i get off work. the i have to put the drivers seat back in and drive them to my buddys house where next week i take bodies off yeaa pulling drivetrain of a 95 ex is not gonna be fun

Hell if you're pulling the body just move the drive train while it's off.

doing that next week at buddys house he has the storage for motor and tranny so its coming out there

Gotcha, definitely keep us updated.

okay so got all the plastic parts outta the truck as far as the driver side and passenger side round windows and floors. all the plastic on the rear is loose but i have to have the sockets to remove the handles and the hooks in rear. didnt realize that our truck interior was held together with primarily philips head screws. if some one will tell me how to post pics i will gladly post all the ones i have now

Photo bucket is free. Then you post the link using the insert image.

okay whell here goes these are a few pics of the new daily driver i ahve for gettign around i bought it for 400 bucks no title so guess what when i swap the body to the f150 it gets that title and the 95s title goes on this one. and thoise of you curious i fired the 79 up tongiht and set off two car alarms didnt realize the alley would ecco so much lol its only got a small 351 modified with no exhaust other than 2 stragiht pipes and a BIG cam in it lol.

truck

duggyd123

duggyd123

slowly dissassembling it
duggyd123

stock
duggyd123

it has dana 44 up front and a 9in in the rear

If you put the address of each pic like this: "
" without the quotes of course, the pic will show up in the post directly.

hey moderator

can you move this whole thread to the offroad explorer/ranger project section cause i think my project is geeting a little beyond modified lol ty in advanced

well did alittle more work to gutting the interior all plastic parts are out now and the back seat is getting removed on sat when i go to my friends house to work on junior(the black eddie bauer)ball joint and wheel bearing assembly yea

well its that time again

found out what was wrong with tank the red 95 its a dumb fpr valve but hes already starting to get dissasembled so to late now to go back to stock. did more work today all seats are loose and just placed indes the vehicle. read door plastic is offand i pull the headliner loose as well as the light are now out of the interior. tommorow i start working on the exterior im going to remove the fenders. picks will be posted as it happens

Back