New Project 2.2 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Project 2.2

little update

Hummm Still having problems with the trany/transfer case alinement. Been adjusting in small increments, but haven't found the sweet spot, cases still move around too much.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...:scratch:...Just thinking as I haven't seen it from underneath but maybe a cross member w/ mount might be needed for the cases just to keep them settled in..:dunno:

..On another note, I've got 6 bfg at ko's in 32x11.50x15's with some tread left if you are still looking...;)

Thanks. Ted. But I'm in Tennessee at this time. The tcase mounts to each side of the frame, I'm trying to get them lined up best I can, befor setting a cross member. Trying to stop it from eating the rear trans seal.

not an update,update

FrankinTruck is still sitting in it's spot in the basement. Haven't had any space to work on it, till this week, have had my son's house in my basement for 6 months. so space has been tight. But have been giving the problem some thought, Am going to rebuild the transfer case mount as I think it was not strong enough to hold the case in place.

...Lol....He's been so busy he didn't even notice who subscribed...:D

LoL. Yep I did miss Ken's chime in. hey Ken how the offloading

Well dang, got some space in the basement to work on the Sammy, and now the weather has turned cold. Sooo Sammy is still sitting in it's spot. I have been working on the T-case mount, will post pix if/when I get it to fit as it should.

Well Damn

Well Damn
The trans/transfer-case test drive was eventful. Trans and transfer-case worked well, very little vibrations. But the uglies are still here.

hummm project???

..Well..:scratch:..That don't sound like any fun..:(

..Will this thing be ready to go on a spring run with us next year?

hummm spring? haha we'll have to see just how the piston moves.

Do you still own this truck? I saw on the mazda diesel forum site you were wanting to sell it. If you still own it and live in Nashville I would love to come and see it in person. I want to see how the divorced transfer case looks because i would like to make my 1983 2.2 diesel ranger into a 4wd and i know i will need a divorced trans case like you used. I live in Clarksville so if you are free someday I would love to come see this thing.

Back