• Register Today It's free!

New radio help

Ringmaster21

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
I am attempting to install a Pioneer deh-36ui radio into my 97 Explorer xl

I got a Scosche stereo connector FDK106 and connected all the wires, but when I connected to the car, the radio was on and working but there was no sound.
Any suggestions? Is there a secret mute button that I don't know about?

The Scosche connector had a blue, blue/white, orange, and orange/white wires that i left unconnected because they didnt have a counterpart on the radio side.

It sounds like there is a "factory amp" in your rig (I use quotes because the factory amp is less powerful than most aftermarket stereo's...lol). The blue and white wire is the "remote" wire. It sends a signal to an amplifire to turn on. Whithout it hooked up you won't get any sound on a facotry system that relies on an amp for power. I would take a look through the radio harness one more time as I've never ran into a radio that didn't have that blue/white wire coming from it's harness (at least not a name brand radio)

If there isn't a remote wire coming from your stereo to the schoshe harness, you can use the "accessory" wire for the same signal. That would be the solid red wire in either harness.

Back