NEW RANCHO RSX SHOCKS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEW RANCHO RSX SHOCKS

rgomez

Reaction score
DOES ANYBODY KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT
THE NEW RACHO RSX SHOCKS...A FRIEND OF
MINE TOLD ME THAT THESE SHOCKS ARE BETTER
THAN THE EDELBROCK IAS SHOCKS..IS THAT TRUE?

I USUALLY DRIVE ON ROAD AND I WANT TO
CHANGE MY OEM SHOCKS..BUDGET IS NOT A
PROBLEM?

I HAVE HEARD ABOUT...EDELBROCK, RANCHO,
BILSTEIN, MONROE AND GABRIEL...

ANY SUGESTION?

THANKS

rgomez-I don't know how they ride since I own a set of Rancho RS5000s, but I was told by several reliable people that they are Ranchos version of the Edelbrock IAS shock. I spend more time on the road and just the change from the OEM shocks were a big difference in both handling and ride. If Budget is not a problem, I would recommend Ranchos RS9000s which are adjustable. They perform well on and off the road. I have a coulpe of friends who have them on their trucks and experienced the ride for myself. Right now, I am seriously cosidering the upgrade to the 9000s. I think this would give you the more options should you decide to venture off road in the future.

I'm new to this list,
But today I just fitted a set of Rancho 9000 to my 98 4.0 HO 4x4 Explorer. I Like the results so far, more controled yet less harsh, more controlled braking and body sway, I have them set on 3 (out of 5). I spend 98% of the time on road.
I also had these shocks on my previous 88 Bronco...much better then stock. I've been very impressed with the 9000's.
One concern though was that the Rancho's did'nt seem long enough on the front for full suspension extension, as when I jacked up the frame to extend the shock mount the shock was short, I didn't jack the tire off the ground but it seemed 1/2" or more short.But they were the same length as the stock shocks (maybe its the shocks that limit the suspension travel?). It may not be a problem on the street but I would be concerned off-road...I will re-check this again.

Wiliam

Back