• Register Today It's free!

New rear bumper

AMMO_HOOAH

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ex V8, AWD XLT
Here's a few pics of my "mostly" complete rear bumper the only thing left is come clevis mounts, maybe a hitch, and a tire carrier. The plate in the middle is 1/4" welded all the way around inside and out for streangth if I put a hitch through it the rest is 1/8" plate. The tube is just short of 2" OD and between 1/8" and 1/4". The tube was free to me so I'm not sure what it is exatly. The mounts to the frame are two pieces of angle one 1/4" and one 5/8", the channel is all 3"x1/4".
0326081357.jpg

0328081343.jpg

0401081604-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lol, I saw the first pic and thought "what the hell..." Looks really nice in the last one though, good job:thumbsup:

Now, as everyone else says, wanna build me one?:p:

TY, not bad for the first thing I've ever welded lol.

BEEF

wow it seems to be strong haha lol

I need to get around to getting my rear bumber on

Lol, I saw the first pic and thought "what the hell..." Looks really nice in the last one though, good job:thumbsup:

Now, as everyone else says, wanna build me one?:p:

Haha same here, i thought "what an ugly damn bumper, what's wrong with this guy." Then i scrolled down.

looks nice

Hay I could have made the first stage look good though lol.

Ammo - That's one sweet piece of work.

BTW - clean up the stock bumper and put it on eBay. These babies are getting harder to come by. I got rear-ended 1.5 years ago and the ford dealer had to go to TX to get the only "new" 91-94 EX bumper he could find.

I was thinking I should have put this in the fab section thx. I would sell the bumper, but I removed/lost the lower plastic so I could mount a hook, and that whip used to be mounted on top of the stocker so there is a hole in the plastic for it. I'll probably just end up selling it to the scrap yard.

Oh I forgot to mention that it's 105lbs as it sits.

looks like you want be having any problems with hondas and acuras and girls checking there make up for rear end collisions :) looks awesome great work beads look 110%

TY much.

Back