• Register Today It's free!

New Rear Wiper (Blade)

45guy

Reaction score
City, State
Costa Mesa, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Looking for a replacement rear wiper blade for the 97. Exhibiting utter denial of the market dominance of the J-hook design, Ford blundered off in another direction with the reinforced-hole, sidemount on a spindle with retaining clip design. Brilliant!. But what about replacement blades?
Any aftermarket ones work here, fellas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just went to Advance Auto...They had plenty of options for me

walmart carries anco, and they always work

Yeah- I've bought 2 at the local Wally World and one at Autozone. Have you checked them out? Never had an issue, other than some stores don't carry many short blades.

I think its a 13 or 14 in the back, I went a bit oversized so it wipes more of the window. They are available at any parts store. I also oversized the fronts to 22".

Size wasn't the issue; the post mounting, rather than the standardized J-hook, is.

The j-hooks were just becoming common across the board in the mid-90s. The pin was the defacto standard for the 20 years before that. The rear wiper on a 97 was carried over from 95-96.

And I have yet to see a wiper sold in the last 20 years that woud fit the j-hook and not the pin. Most of them come with all the adapters you need.

I bought one set of cheap wipers once that would not fit the pin

Back