New recall on 2011 explorers

swetrid

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Reading Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer
Ford came out with recall 11c15 for 2nd row seat recliner issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting. I picked mine up yesterday and no mention of it...

Letters to the customers will go out week of feb 14. Just got info on ford website today, only certain models and options are affected. I can run your vin and ck if u want.

I heard about this. What about soon-to-be-built Explores that would be affected? I'm not sure how fast the plant can implement a recently discovered recall fix. I would assume they continue to build them, not slowing down production, and have the dealership fix it? Hope I'm wrong on that because mine is scheduled to be built Thursday.

swetrid, have you heard any update on this? And can you answer my question in my previous post around how they fix this with in-flight models?

Ford came out with recall 11c15 for 2nd row seat recliner issue.
Just wondering when this problem was initially discovered. I was at my dealer yesterday and he showed me the 'history' of the Limited that he just got in. Back around Jan. 19th the vehicle left the plant and was readied for delivery. The next entry showed it going back to the plant! This, according to the salesman usually indicates a problem was found.

Build date is rom July 15 2010- December 13 2010 so you should be good.

Back