New Ride! Good bye 98 Explorer Sport! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Ride! Good bye 98 Explorer Sport!

Jonny813

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Sport Trac XLT Prem
Hello Explorer Sport Trac! :eek:

Well, I have been looking for the past month for a new ride and finally found a great deal!

2004 Explorer Sport Trac (2WD)
XLT Premium
Black (Monochromatic) Exterior
2 Tone Grey Leather Interior
Power Everything
17,000 Miles
Accident Free
Still has new car smell.
Absolutely no problems(Still has warrenty to!)

Out goes my idea for an off roader but... Totally worth it, considering now I don't have any time to go off roading.

Only paying $17500, and going to pick up Saturday! Now I just got to sell mine super quick. Sorry just really excited to find the "Explorer of my dreams" that I could afford.

I know I will questions later when I pick it up. I love these forums. (Ill post pics when I figure out how to!)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on your new Sport Trac!

Congrats!!!

DROOL all over your new ST

Man I was looking at them at the dealership, I love the sport trac, me want me want.

First time posting pictures. The seller took these. Ill take more when I pick it up.

st3.jpg

st1.jpg

st2.jpg

st4.jpg

And these pictures do not describe how perfect this car is in person.

Very nice, let the mods begin:)

What kinda mods can I put on without voiding the warrenty? Never knew I would actually have one... And what mods will void it?

So far I was planning on(assuming it wont void the warrenty)

Mac or KKM Intake
BBK Throttle Body
Gibson S/S Exhaust
BamaChips Excalibrator 2
Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan

And thats the top of the list ATM.

Depends on the dealer
Just do the mods, except for the exhaust(will not void anything), keep all the OEM parts,have a problem, put um back on,re-flash the pcm back to factory and take it in.
They will never know

Ya my best friend has a plan to do that, he has an SRT-4 (ewww, domestic tuner). Good thing he's getting rid of it soon, he just got back from Iraq earlier today.

Ill talk to the local dealers before doing anything, I also have 2 very good friends that work at one of the dealers, one is a tech to. I'll just have to see.

Well I talked to my friend at the nearby Ford Dealership about mods and warrenty and he said Intake, Exhaust, Throttle body, nothing like that will void it. The throttle body will only Void the warrenty for THAT part is what he told me. I didn't ask him about the Flasher, but that can be changed anyways. So thats good news to me.

Back