New rims and tires for my Dad's '00 Ranger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New rims and tires for my Dad's '00 Ranger

My dad finally broke down and bought a set of rims and tires for his '00 Ranger. They are 16x8 Vision 375 Warrior wheels with BFG Rugged Trail T/A 265/75/16 tires. They look much better than the stock 16's and 247/75/16 Goodyears. Here are a few pics.

Here is the before:
picture.php

picture.php

The after:
picture.php

And a pic with my Explorer:
picture.php

The difference between the stock tires and the new tires.
picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't see the pictures

Those look nice! I'm not the biggest rim fan, but those look good.

I want the old ones- wish I was closer! :)

Did he see them today? Reaction?

He saw them today and he was thrilled. He printed the pictures out to show his buddies at work.

I think it looks stupid. "Hill Billy trash". (Nothing personal here, just doing what I said I would do.)

Ranger looks GoOd...

I think it looks stupid. "Hill Billy trash". (Nothing personal here, just doing what I said I would do.)
Lets see your ride, tough guy!

Yes,

Let's see it ,

The ranger doesn't look any worse than one of the, pothole dodging, 30" rimmed escalades. Or something that looks even more rediculous, a classic, like a chevelle or cutlass, all jacked up to fit 26's.:thumbdwn:

looks good

Im really not going to post pictures for the 3000th time. Im just saying what people on here say about explorers with rims bigger than 20"s... The always "assume" the person driving it is "ghetto trash". That the truck looks stupid, it's so bad on your truck... (Like that isnt obvious...) So, a few threads back I said from now on I would go out of my way to say any off road type tire, was "stupid"...

Im really not going to post pictures for the 3000th time. Im just saying what people on here say about explorers with rims bigger than 20"s... The always "assume" the person driving it is "ghetto trash". That the truck looks stupid, it's so bad on your truck... (Like that isnt obvious...) So, a few threads back I said from now on I would go out of my way to say any off road type tire, was "stupid"...

But really it makes you sound "stupid"

1. BFG Rugged Trails really aren't much of an offroad tire, maybe some sand and dirt, but in mud he would get stuck.

2. Atleast he kept with stock size rims, 16's, and they don't look bad.

Is this really what you're "rollin" around with???
14mcdif.jpg

question for you,

How does a set of rims like that, look good..??
What is it supposed to represent..??

Yes, that is the truck that I "drive." I knew I wouldnt have to post pictures myself. To answer your first question, I like the way they look. It is my choice to have them on my truck, and again I like them. Question two, it represents my choice of rims and tires. Really, you guys are being way to serious about this. I am only doing this to prove a point. If you dont get that, its ok. I have no idea who you are, and you have no idea who I am. In the end our opinions are just that, ours.

In the end our opinions are just that, ours.

Hear hear. I think X's on dubs look good and I think this ranger looks good too.

So going out of your way to be an ass about someone elses vehicle makes no sense to me. I don't understand the mentality of "someone was trashing my ride so I am going to trash anyone elses vehicle just for the sake of being an ass". I personally have never once trashed your vehicle. So if you don't like the direction one person takes on their personal vehicle then keep your mouth shut. I personally can't stand cry babies that have to purposely try to make other people just as miserable as they are.

If you like the way your vehicle looks thats your choice but others may not agree. But you are the one who drives it everyday and enjoys it so more power to you. Oh and by the way "hillbilly" is one word not two.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So going out of your way to be an ass about someone elses vehicle makes no sense to me. I don't understand the mentality of "someone was trashing my ride so I am going to trash anyone elses vehicle just for the sake of being an ass". I personally have never once trashed your vehicle. So if you don't like the direction one person takes on their personal vehicle then keep your mouth shut. I personally can't stand cry babies that have to purposely try to make other people just as miserable as they are.

If you like the way your vehicle looks thats your choice but others may not agree. But you are the one who drives it everyday and enjoys it so more power to you. Oh and by the way "hillbilly" is one word not two.

Thats what I'm trying to say... Thats even why I said, "Nothing personal here, just doing what I said I would do." Ill find the post and copy it on here. I like the last part, I've said that many times myself.

Oh, thanks for the spell check. :D

Back