New Rims (Pic) and question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Rims (Pic) and question

mltsaccord

Reaction score
City, State
Granite City, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
alright my new wheels finally came in, and im looking to get 32's and was wondering what is the best place to get tires from. i want bf goodrich mud terrain 32x11.50 R15

3-30-08003.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks awesome

is your explorer stock height? if so you may get a little bit of rubbing from the 32 11.5. My bud has an x that he had 32s on and it rubbed so if your staying stock height i would suggest 31"s

Discount tire has done well on pricing for me.

is your explorer stock height? if so you may get a little bit of rubbing from the 32 11.5. My bud has an x that he had 32s on and it rubbed so if your staying stock height i would suggest 31"s

well i have shackles and im gonna do TT, but there not on now, I figure ill put them on at the same time as the tires, i should be good then right 2"?

http://www.treadepot.com has them for $180 each with free shipping

Take that price to your local Discount Tire if you want all their services that come with buying tires from them. My local one will price match no problem, as long as they can go online and get the same qoute that I brought in.

well i have shackles and im gonna do TT, but there not on now, I figure ill put them on at the same time as the tires, i should be good then right 2"?
o well as long as you do that you should be fine

You may still need to do a little trimming up front. I did with my 32x10.5's.

Attachments

• DSC00901.JPG
    DSC00901.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 818

You may still need to do a little trimming up front. I did with my 32x10.5's.

that looks awesome! love the look, let me know what all u cut and did u have to cut alot.

Thanx:thumbsup:

that looks awesome! love the look, let me know what all u cut and did u have to cut alot.

Thanx:thumbsup:

Nevermind i got them on, looks awesome, i had to cut alot out of the inside fender and just alittle bit off the front bumper, but there on! ill take pics tomorrow when its nice out, its pouring rain at the moment

Sorry, I didn't respond quicker...

...and glad to hear that you made them work. Looking forward to seeing them on your truck.:thumbsup:

alright, i took lots of pics, but thats ok right? cause i know you all love pics:p:
it was a crapy day and i just sprayed off the truck, its soaking wet in these pics

TT And Shackles, 15x8" Pro Comp Rims, 32x11.50 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/a's

026.jpg

025.jpg

024.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

016.jpg

029.jpg

:D

dude that looks fresh, good job

so how much room do you have in the front when turning? is it real close or does it have some space?

so how much room do you have in the front when turning? is it real close or does it have some space?

well when i first put them on, i could only turn like 2 inches, but most of it was against the fender not the bumper, u know what i mean? i had to cut about a 2"x 4" hole. but it was just in the plastic fender insert, i didnt have to cut any medal! then on the front bumper i just cut about 1 inch off the side of the bumper. then i put one tire on a curb to make sure i wouldnt rub when i flexed, and it was fine, im about 1" 1/2 to 2" away from everything. took about 30 min. to do both sides.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back