New rims, which soft 8's on a 3rd gen | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New rims, which soft 8's on a 3rd gen

Which soft 8's (or other Wheel's) on a 3rd gen

Getting ready to pull the trigger on some wheels. I'm looking at getting tires in 265/75 16's.

Which wheels should I get?

Cragar 397 (soft 8)
16x7, 4" backspacing, 0 offset

OR

16x8, 5" backspacing, +13 offset

My thinking is the 8" would be better for the 265's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sport Trac wheels like my originals? They look good on any Gen Ex or Ranger...

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah just like those. But....I was a little too late and they are gone.

Mr. Truckles, that makes sense. I'll get the new struts in first and see what I get as far as lift and go from there.

Dang...Too bad we are not closer. I'm near Portland. The cost of shipping is as much or more as the wheels. :(

I'd just want the wheels and I'd be willing to drive to the OR/CA border (Yreka) to pick them up. That would be about as far as I'd go.

Anyone running these MB wheels???

16x8.5, 5.2"BS, 12mm OS

mbm072.mms.large.jpg

FWIW, Here is what I ended up doing...

p1210299580-4.jpg

16x8 cragar soft 8's and 265/75 Duratracs. There is a slight rub on the passenger side on plastic wheel well shield but it's nothing a ziptie won't fix. I'm happy with the way it looks and the performance. I really like these tires. The ride is great, it's quiet, and good grip. Between the quicklift and tires, I gained 2.5" of total lift over stock.

Back