New Rims?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Rims??

ok guys i need a little help. i plan on running a set of goodyear MTR 35 x 12.50. but here comes the problem i currently have a 99 sport with the 3 inch body and tt/shackles with the stock 16x7 rims. is it possible to go with a 15 x 10 in my bolt pattern. basically i need to know what you guys recommend for the rim size and offset so hopefully i dont have to cut so much of my fenders. by rim sizes i mean 15 x 8, 15 x 10, 16 x 8, 16 x 10. and i also need the offset. and is it feesable to change the bolt pattern and add wheel spacers. thanks guys. im sorry that i really dont know that much. :banghead:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

come on guys i could use your help.

why dont you want the same bolt pattern?????// you need a 15 or 16 / 10 i belive. i dont know the backspacing

Bump

Come on guys i know someone out there has to know something. I need to get new tires cause i blew out the back two and the front ones aren't in good shape either. any please give me some advice.

i would think that the offset and backspacing should be fine if keep the same as the stock rims

you may have to do some trimming on the inner fenders with the 10 inch wide rims

i would go with a 15x10, 4 backspacing or less, u want lower backspacing so it pushes the tires out and KEEP the same bolt pattern

Back