Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
Well after searching the junkyards here for a newer used seat for my Explorer with no luck I finally bit the bullet and ordered an aftermarket one. I bought a PRP daily driver suspension seat after looking at many different brands and styles. I sat in both a Mastercraft Rubicon seat and the PRP DD and I liked the DD best since I still daily drive my Explorer :D It has lower sides and the headrest is angled forward slightly. The colors are sahara center with black arms, piping and rear vinyl.

I had to fab some brackets up to bolt it to my stock seat sliders. It is pretty comfortable and it keeps me in the seat. I took it around some corners pretty fast and I didnt move much compared to my old seat. I havent been on a long trip or offroad with them yet. Moab will be the real test. Attached are a few pics I took-

Attachments

• PRP1.JPG
    PRP1.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 423
  • PRP2.JPG
    PRP2.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 415
  • PRP3.JPG
    PRP3.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 440
  • PRP4.JPG
    PRP4.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 443

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

those are some pretty slick seats...looks good :thumbsup

I only got one, the passenger one is still stock and worn out. If I like it after Moab I will probably order another one to match. It was $250 shipped and that includes the options I had which was the sewn on loops and it is 2" taller. I bought it from Scott at Rock Buggy Supply.

Looks good Brian, i just got done installing my new ones about 20 mins ago. Will see how they hold up in Moab.

Looks really nice Brian. I love my mastercrafts, it makes such a difference to have a good seat in a daily driver.

FYI for others reference, the Mastercraft Rubicons will bolt right to the explorer slider.

Back