New set of grips...

Explore10FL

'10 Silverback gorilla
Reaction score
City, State
Orange Springs, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT
So i just picked up this set of Good-Year Wrangler AT Adventure w/kevlar 265/70r16 tires for my 2010 xlt 2wd. Has anyone ran these on their Exploda what are your thoughts. These are factory take-offs with less than 100 miles. I paid more than 400 but less than 500 for the set, do yall think that's a fair deal? Any rubbing going up to this size also is a question I have. Thanks for any response.

20230325_012525.jpg 20230325_012509.jpg 20230325_010359.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

seems relatively fair, ish. what year they made?

So i just picked up this set of Good-Year Wrangler AT Adventure w/kevlar 265/70r16 tires for my 2010 xlt 2wd. Has anyone ran these on their Exploda what are your thoughts. These are factory take-offs with less than 100 miles. I paid more than 400 but less than 500 for the set, do yall think that's a fair deal? Any rubbing going up to this size also is a question I have. Thanks for any response.

View attachment 440315 View attachment 440316 View attachment 440317

20230402_162203.jpg

20230402_162151.jpg

Just a quick update been driving on the Good Year's for a couple days now and they ride exceptionally well. Low noise and firmer than last set of primewell's. Look great as well and no rubbing to speak of yet . All in all I'm very pleased with this set and would recommend them for use on any Explorer or other vehicle for that matter. Wish I found a set with outlined white letters however...

Just a quick update been driving on the Good Year's for a couple days now and they ride exceptionally well. Low noise and firmer than last set of primewell's. Look great as well and no rubbing to speak of yet . All in all I'm very pleased with this set and would recommend them for use on any Explorer or other vehicle for that matter. Wish I found a set with outlined white letters however...
1 more update after 2 full weeks and hundreds of miles. These are probably the best tires I have had on any vehicle. Smooth, quite, good wet and off-road traction. Also make the Ex look very stout now. They are older but ride like new. Gonna get another set after these wear out.

1 more update after 2 full weeks and hundreds of miles. These are probably the best tires I have had on any vehicle. Smooth, quite, good wet and off-road traction. Also make the Ex look very stout now. They are older but ride like new. Gonna get another set after these wear out.
If you paid under $500 for a set of 4 tires that included mounting, balancing and environmental fees I would say you did very well. Several years ago I paid about $700.00 for a set of tires for my 2000 Sport.

If you paid under $500 for a set of 4 tires that included mounting, balancing and environmental fees I would say you did very well. Several years ago I paid about $700.00 for a set of tires for my 2000 Sport.
Thanks, I was thinking it was at the very least a fair deal. As far as mounting and balancing goes....
I dismounted the existing Primewell tires and mounted these new Good Year all terrain's manually by hand with a tire iron, a medium size pry bar and a larg flat tipped screw driver. Also used a floor jack and strap to break the beads 1st. So there was no cost other than alot of persuasive words and a couple scratches on the rims, which I was very careful taping the rims and using heavy rags to protect the rims, but no real damage occurred in the process. I really lucked out due to a friend having bought a balancing machine which I gave him $30 to use it to balance all four wheels. All said and done about $480 for all four tires including mounting and balancing. The old set is posted for sale on marketplace for $100 obo. The Good Year's ride great , don't leak air and are smooth as could be. I won't be doing any manual tire dismounting/mounting again anytime soon...

I run those same tires on my Xterra, and I also got them used as factory takeoffs. They were off a Tacoma. I paid 400 and another 200 to mount and balance, and am very happy with them. Tires here are pretty pricey nowadays, so to me, I scored. They drive nice, smooth and quiet.

I run those same tires on my Xterra, and I also got them used as factory takeoffs. They were off a Tacoma. I paid 400 and another 200 to mount and balance, and am very happy with them. Tires here are pretty pricey nowadays, so to me, I scored. They drive nice, smooth and quiet.
Thanks for your feedback. Yeah I am definitely satisfied with the Good Year's. As you said smooth and quiet is the first impression I had and I don't see that changing. Rotation and balance will be done regularly. The only downside I can take away from them, and it's not the tires themselves, is the 1 to 1.5 mpg drop due to the added weight. But I will take that over the Primewells anyday.

Back